Is Siliconoma Removal by Laser Treatment Safe?

I currently have silicone granulomas that resulted from Silicone injections to the legs 15 years ago. I looked through the intenet and found that in Malaysia and Colombia,  it's possible to remove siliconomas with Laser treatment. Is it safe? Thanks.

Silicone injection removal with laser

+1

Siliconomas cannot be removed or vaporized with laser using the technologiy available to date.  I would opt for more predictable and plausible alternatives. 

Siliconoma

+1

I know of no specific laser that can treat silicone granulomas. Sometimes low-dose steroid injections may help the inflammation.   The only treatment that I know of that works is direct surgical excision.

Lasers can incite a terrible reaction and be counterproductive

+1

Silicone injections in various parts of the body has been done quite frequently all over the country.  The difficulty with silicone injections begins with the quality of the silicone itself.  I have seen many cases where industrial grade silicone has been injected inside the human body.  This can be a tremendous disaster.  Problems can include infections, granulomas, cellulitis, and persistent skin infections, disfigurement and skin dimpling.  It is very easy to have silicone injected, but very difficult to have it removed.  The removal can frequently be very complex and involved lengthy surgery. Multiple operation is not uncommon.   It is not uncommon to expect scars in locations that would otherwise be undesirable.  If you do have silicone, or are having problem with silicone that was injected by a non-healthcare provider then you should certainly seek medical attention.  Some solutions include IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics and surgery after the inflammation has subsided.  Removing the silicone is not just a cosmetic issue but also an issue of better health.  Depending on the type of silicone injected concerns with autoimmune diseases and infections are foremost.  Taking medications such as ibuprofen or cortisone is only a temporary measure.  The real solution is surgery.  Not all plastic surgeons are willing to operate on patients who have had silicone injected in their body.  Many of these cases are not covered by insurance because they were performed for cosmetic reasons.  My recommendation to anyone that has had silicone injections and wishes to have it removed, is to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who is likely willing to do more than 1 operation as well as willing to do some of these operations in a hospital setting. I have had patients visit me for removal of silicone and the discussion to proceed is never an easy one.