Reconstructive Surgery Impossible After Siliconoma Removal?

I currently have silicone granulomas that resulted from Silicone injections to the legs 15 years ago. Many doctors told me that the only solution for siliconoma is to surgically remove all the affected zone without the possibility of having a reconstructive plastic surgery. Is this true? Thanks.

Silicone granuloma and removal

Silicone injections have become quite commonplace, especially since volume fillers have become more prevalent. Patients are often in search of permanent fillers that do not have to be replaced, but rarely understand that these fillers come with longterm complications, including inflammation, a rejection reaction, and fibrosis.  Our office specializes in silicone removal for patients who have undergone these fillers in the face and body. We have seen quite a few patients regain their livelihood once the fillers are removed.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Silicone removal

Removing free silicone injections that have resulted in granulomas or very firm areas is very difficult.  It is impossible to tell you what possible options for reconstruction are available to you without formally examining you.