Rhinoplasty, Preventing Glass Marks? What Should I Do?

I had Rhinoplasty + septoplasty 21 days ago. After he removed the bandage (7th day) he put brown bandages. At 12th needed glasses to see(university). But I noticed that, glass makes depression on nose, and first depression went away in 2 days. I have myopia, cannot see far, I am med student, and I need to catch slides. Now (21th day), I used glass for 6 hours, and made a huge depression. Cannot wear lens. Should I go myopia operation? New LASIK surgery? I cannot see and help for depression?

Glasses and rhinoplasty

+2

I usually tell patients to tape the glasses to their forehead to minimize the weight of the glasse on the bridge of the nose for at least 3-6 weeks.

Eyeglasses Depression on Nose After Rhinoplasty

+2

The depression on the nose will equilibrate with time and the tape to the forehead trick helps.  Also cushioning the nose plates with cotton or similar may help.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Glasses Post Septorhinoplasty

+2

You may try and find some glasses that are light weight that do not have the small round clips that go into the nose the other thing you can do is use a small piece of tape in the middle of the glasses and flip it around so you can tape it to the middle of the brow region so no weight or indentations are possible. When at home if your doctor makes you a small splint you can place the splint on your nose and where the glasses on top while studying. I typically take the tape off the inside of the splint and give the splint to the patient to help with this situation. Obviously this is not an attractive look in class but is very effective at home and use tape in class that is clear in the daytime hours. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://michaelelammd.com

Wearing glasses after rhinoplasty

+1

I advise my patients to use tape to adhere the glasses to the forehead following surgery. It will take a good amount of pressure off the nose. This is advised for up to 6 weeks after surgery. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding his or her guidelines. I hope this helps, and best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/