Restylane Vs Radiesse for Cheek Enhancement?

Hi, I'm trying to decide what filler to go for for cheek enhancement - I'm 41,slim and my cheeks are pretty flat. Having done some research, it seems Restylane or Radiesse are the best options, though I wonder which lasts the longest? Thanks for your time!

Cheek Enhancement with Fillers

+1

Both Restylane and Radiesse are effective fillers for cheek enhancement. In addition, Juvederm and Voluma are additional fillers used in the cheeks. Sculptra is a biostimulatory agent that is also used to increase cheek fullness. Each of the mentioned fillers has advantages that are best discussed with your doctor. Results of Radiesse, Restylane, Juvedern, Voluma generally last around a 1 year. I suggest you visit a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in facial fillers to determine the best treatment for your particular cheek enhancement.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Both are excellent choices and are used widely.  I generally prefer and recommend Radiesse for more substantial enhancements and I usually find that it lasts longer.  But many patients do well with Restylane (although I would probably use the thicker version, Perlane, instead of Restylane).  The best thing is to talk to a few doctors and then make your decision after speaking with them.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Restylane or Radiesse for the Cheeks?

+1

Both Restylane and Radiesse are good fillers but to achieve a volumizing effect, Radiesse would be a better choice.  Restylane is a wonderful product but is thinner and more is needed to achieve the same effect.  In thinner patients, Restylane can create an adequate lift; however, average to heavier patients, Radiesse would be the filler of choice to lift the heavier tissues.  In addition, some of the Radiesse is replaced with collagen as it resorbs, which is an added bonus when noting that we all lose collagen as we age.  Radiesse also tends to last 2-3 months longer in the face than Restylane.  Juvederm Ultra Plus would be a better option than Restylane as it's more volumizing.  In the end, your choice of plastic surgeon and their technique is the biggest deciding factor. 

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse vs Restylane for Cheek Augmentation

+1

I have been very pleased with the results of Radiesse for Cheek Augmentation.  It will also last much longer.   I would find a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with extensive experience in cheek augmentation.   A thorough understanding of the anatomy is crucial to a successful result.

Paul S. Gill, MD

REstylane vs Radiesse for cheeks

+1

When comparing Radiesse to a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane, it is important to understand the difference between "stimulatory" fillers and "wrinkle" fillers”. When treating problems due to volume loss such as cheek hollows and sagging skin, I will almost always use a stimulatory fillers such as Radiesse. It is injected deeper beneath the skin and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. Radiesse works by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why it is so effective for problems due to volume loss, and gives longer-lasting results. Restylane is used as a wrinkle filler because it is injected more superficially in the skin rather than beneath it. It should not be used to create volume. The video link below shows me injecting my wife with Radiesse into the lower cheeks, marionette lines, and jaw line!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

There are many suitable types of fillers on the market for re-voluminizing tissue

+1

There are many suitable types of fillers on the market for re-voluminizing tissue; such as Belotero, Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse, and Sculptra. As you already know, not all fillers are appropriate for all areas.  In your case, however, since you have never had your cheeks augmented before you may want to consider opting for either Restylane or Perlane. Both Restylane and Perlane can be dissolved if you decide you are unhappy with the outcome of your augmentation. Restylane and Perlane are very similar-- Perlane has larger molecules than Restylane which influences, among other things, the amount of water absorption.  If you want a heartier, thicker filler, one that closely mimics Radiesse or your own natural cheek bone, but can be dissolved if desired, Perlane may be the best option.

Fillers that are more permanent such as Radiesse or Sculptra can last from 1-3 years depending on how your body metabolizes them.  All fillers listed above show immediate improvement, except Sculptra.  Sculptra requires many sessions, about a month apart from one another and requires time to notice a difference in volume because it stimulates your own natural collagen growth. Some patients choose to have Sculptra along with Radiesse or Perlane so that they have immediate volume while the Sculptra is stimulating the body’s natural collagen. As the Radiesse or Perlane starts the Sculptra is stimulating your body to produce natural collagen to replace the volume from the temporary fillers.  If you have any additional questions, I encourage you to visit your local Facial Plastic Surgeon.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Radiesse will last longer than Juvederm, however so will Perlane which flows and tapers within the tissues better than radiesse in my opinion.  

For cheek enhancement, Radiesse will last a little longer than Restylane

+1

Radiesse is the highest G prime filler on the market.  This is a measure of lifting ability.  It will last anywhere from 12-18 mos in most people.  Restylane is a little softer with less swelling and slightly less G prime.  Both are good choices.  More important than the filler is the "filler" you choose.  The results depend on the injector for the most part.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

+1

Without a photo provided, you would need to consult with a certified physician to determine the best option for you. From the description mentioned it sound like you may benefit from Radiesse, this will help build and contour the cheek due to loss of volume. Seek a reputable injector who can provide the results you desire 

Cheek Enhancement with a Filler

+1

While any filler will work for cheek enhancement, the thicker and heavier the better. You would also like something that lasts a long time. Radiesse fits both these criteria. Restylane, though excellent for many uses, is not ideal for this. Make sure whomever you choose is an Expert Injector (ExpertInjector.com). Discuss your desires with them and allow them to pick the proper filler for you.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon