Radiesse Injected Very Superficial, Can It Metabolize?

I injected Radiesse 3 month ago in my chin,but the doctor injected very superficial.I wanna know Can it Metabolize ? Thanks very much!!!

#Radiesse Injected Very Superficial, Can It Metabolize

+1

Generally, yes.  Radiesse is not a permanent injectable substance; instead, its calcium hydroxylapatite crystals stimulate collagen growth.  The material is absorbed slowly (over 12-18 months typically) but it should happen on its own.  I would generally advise patience to allow it to settle down on its own.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

+1

Radiesse is calcium hydroxyapatite and can be injected directly onto bone. Although it was injected superficial, it will still metabolize 

Best regards 

Radiesse to chin

+1

It can and will metabolize, but usually not for 12-18 months. I don't usually recommend superficial injection of Radiesse; it's more for areas of high volume loss and does well injected on to bone. Hope this helps.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS