Is 25 Years Old Too Young to Be Considering Radiesse Injections for Minor Nasolabial Folds? (photo)

I've recently noticed slight nasolabial formation within the past year. The nasolabial fold on the left side of my face is particularly apparent to me. Concerned, I researched various possible methods of preventing the folds from getting worse. One method in particular may have caused more harm than good, that being, placing tape over the folds to prevent further creasing during sleep. I regret using the tape and I'm worried I might have caused more damage to the skin in that area.

Radiesse fine to use for Nasolabial folds

+1

Good Question.  People can develop lines at any age. If you do not like them then Radiesse is certainly a quick, easy and long lasting treatment for that facial region.

Good Luck

Robert F. Gray, MD, FACS

Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering Radiesse Injections for Minor Nasolabial Folds?

+1

You're at a perfect age to start preventing any future signs of aging, based on the photo provided I suggest applying Juvederm to the nasolabial fold and the marionette lines to fill in the area. An exam would be necessary, find a board certified physician who can give you the best natural result you wish to achieve.

Best of luck

Is 25 Years Old Too Young to Be Considering Radiesse Injections for Minor Nasolabial Folds?

+1

After more than 25 years as a Beverly Hills facial plastic surgeon, I have learned that age is just a number and to treat the "symptoms...within reason" and not the age.  From the photos provided you do have significant nasolabial folds.  These can be filled with Radiesse, although I prefer Perlane as it's less lumpy.  You might want to examine the early cause of the NLF's as they will worsen with age from this point forward.  

NLF's are caused by migration of facial tissues towards the midline, of the face.  In the 20's this is migration of subcutaneoaus fatty tissue most often when the front portion of the cheeks are flat.  In this scenario, the cheek volume is inadequate to support the facial tissues and so they sag.  Cheek augmentation can address, in the proper candidate, this sagging process.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/radiesse-injections.html

Radiesse for nasal folds...

+1

If you are experiencing a deepening of your nasal folds then Radiesse would be an excellent option.  Radiesse is temporary, and lasts up to 12 months, so to maintain the effectiveness one would have to come back about once a year.  Generally there is no set age to have the procedure, but you would need to come in for a consultation with your doctor to discuss all the benefits and risks.

Web reference: http://www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse not best filler for mild volume loss

+1

Radiesse is a high volume filler and best for large creasing to nasolabial folds, cheek volume replacement, chin volume, etc. I would recommend a less viscous hyaluronic acid filler to the nasal labial area and the corner of your mouth (marionette lines) for the best aesthetic look. Tape is not a great idea, as it occludes the pores and can cause a contact dermatitis if you have any sensitivity to adhesive. Best of luck.

Radiesse for NLF

+1

25 is not too young for using Radiesse. You might also want to consider HAs such as Juvederm ultra plus or Restyane.

Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

25 is not too young for filler treatments. In many cases, the best results are achieved with adding a small volume of filler to the cheeks as well as the nasolbial folds. This provides both filling and lifting which is highly effective. As an aside, I doubt that taping your cheeks did any permanent damage so I wouldn't be too concerned with that. Seek an experienced physician injector who will critically analyze the underlying issues and give you the most accurate advice on how to achieve your goals. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS 

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-dermal-fillers/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

How old can you start getting fillers

+1

Fillers are approved to use on people 18 and older, so technically, age is not the factor. But you should seek advice, in person, from a board-certified injector who can discuss your folds with you and help guide you. I don't suggest Radiesse as a first time filler patient because there is no way to dissolve or remove the product if you don't like it. I much prefer to start with a filler like Restylane or Perlane before moving to Radiesse. The tape you are using will not do a darned thing and is just silly to do, so you can stop that. You don't get lines from sleeping. You get them from genetics, and sun.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Radiesse for a 25 year old nasolabial folds is quite alright

+1

There really is no age limit as to when to get fillers.  If you have a concern about your nasolabial folds then try some fillers.  If you don't like them, after about a year, you are back to where you started plus one year of aging.

Web reference: http://www.theclinique.net/procedures/face/dermal-fillers/