Dent from Restylane

I had restylane injected this past August under my eyes because they looked sunken. Afterwards I had a dent by the bridge of my nose from the injection. Will this ever go away?

Yes

+2

Hi exercise queen,

This side effect often occurs to those patients who work out obsessively....just kidding, keep taking those boot camp workouts.

The Restylane will disappear, and so will the "dent". Unfortunately, Restylane can last over a year in the lower eye lid hollow area due to the relative lack of movement in that area.

Be well and have a work out for me.

Dr. P

Yes, I would expect it to resolve.

+2

As long as you did not have something strange occur (such as an overt infection), and you are relatively sure that this related to the Restylane injection, I would expect it to resolve. In regions of high mobility (such as the lips), Restylane lasts around 4 months. In regions that don't move much, it can last 6 to 8 months. It has only been 2 months since your injection, so try to relax and let more time pass. This is one of the benefits of using temporary fillers - if you don't like the result, be happy that they will go away!

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS

Restylane Side Effects

+1

Was the Restylane injected near the bridge of your nose? It sounds as if the two issues may be unrelated? If the issues are related the good news is that yes, the bump will go away.

It will go away either naturally (probably within 9 months of the injection) or immediately with the use of hyaluronidase (an enzyme that can dissolve the Restylane). We suggest that you schedule an appointment with your injector to discuss the issue.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

You can bet that Restylane will go away within a 6 month or so period

+1

One of the biggest benefits of the temporary fillers is that you don't have the worries of the longer lasting ones that can cause long term problems. If you have a true dislike of this, there is the alternative of a product called hyaluronidase that can dissolve the restylane if that matters, but I would just recommend you wait it out for now and see how it goes.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist