Restylane Lip Augmentation for Patients with Parkinson's?

I am interested in Restylane for lip augmentation. Is Restylane contraindicated if I have been diagnosed with Parkinson's?

Injectable fillers and Parkinson's disease

+1

Since fillers are generally hyaluronic acid which is most commonly used in the lips, there is no contraindication having Parkinson's disease.

The filler has no effect on the musculature and normal lip movements are unchanged so you can safely proceed. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for upper lip wrinkles in Parkinson's patients

+1

There is no problem having Restylane or Juvederm hyaluronic acid fillers injected into the wrinkles of the lips if you have just been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.  The fillers help bind water in your dermis and plump up the lines. They do not affect the neurological system. Best of luck.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Parkinson's not a reason to avoid treatment

+1

Dear Smimkr2

If your Parkinson's is reasonably well controlled, you should have no problems with Restylane for your lips. The usual precautions should be observed. Look for a physician from a core speciality: dermatology, otolaryngology, eye plastics or general plastic surgery. You will do just fine with this treatment.