Restylane for Under Eyes After Rhinoplasty?

How long after a Rhinoplasty should I wait to inject Restylane for undereye I just underwent Rhinoplasty surgery 1-week ago and wanted to use Restylane to fill the wrinkles and dark eye hollows underneath the eyes (lower eyelids) - near the tear ducts and middle of lower eyelids.

I have had these for the last 5 years and have been wanting to fix this issue. Will this interfere with the healing process for my rhinoplasty?

Fillers for hollow eyes following rhinoplasty

+2

Depending upon the extent of your rhinoplasty surgery, the swelling you may have following the surgery can distort the lower eyelid anatomy and placement of dermal fillers for lower eyelid hollowing requires precise application. I would suggest waiting 4-6 weeks prior to Restylane injection to the lower lids.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane after rhinoplasty

+1
I recommend that you wait six weeks before having fillers to permit the swelling from the rhinoplasty to abate such that the contours to be filled can be properly visualized. Otherwise the underlying anatomy will be distorted and the treatment will not be optimal. If your rhinoplasty swelling has not gone down sufficiently by that time, then give it an additional couple of weeks.

Restylane for under eyes after rhinoplasty

+1

I owuld wiat to have restylane injected under the eyes until the swelling around the eyes dissipates which may take 4-6 weeks.

Restylane in eyelids after Rhinoplasty

+1

You've had the hallows for 5 years; be safe and wait for about 6 weeks before using the fillers. I prefer another hyaluronic acid, juvederm, in the peri-orbital area.  The fillers, regardless of product, will not interfere with nasal healing.

Rhinoplasty means wait time for undereye Restylane

+1

You are very likely experiencing a visual exaggeration of your under eye hollows following surgery on your nose. Swelling following Rhinoplasty can be lengthy and if you were my patient I'd certainly recommend that you wait until all major swelling has subsided.

Why? Swelling does not go away evenly, so you could easily end up with too much or uneven areas beneath your eyes if you attempt Restylane injections in that area too soon.

Your surgeon will be your best guide in letting you know when the use of Restylane in the tear trough would be deemed most reasonable. Although you can remove "too much" hyaluronic acid, the removal process is hardly one you should risk on purpose.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Restylane after Rhinoplasty

+1

You should wait until any bruising is resolved before you have Restylane injected around your eyes. It would be best to speak with your physician who performed the Rhinoplasty surgery, as he/she knows the extent of your procedure and may best guide you as to when you should have Restylane. Restylane will not interfere with your Rhinoplasty healing, but if there is still bruising in the area it will be difficult for your physician to do the best job possible performing the injections. Hope this helps answer your question. Thank you and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Restylane Lower Blepharoplasty

+1

Injection of Restylane or any other filler to correct the problems of the lower eyelid can be done at anytime. It provides excellent results for minimal effort and risk. However, immediately after any surgical procedure in the area, such as a Rhinoplasty, there is swelling that can distort the area and, thus, make it difficult to get the injection right. I would wait until the lower eyelid problem returns to what it was before the surgery. This may be only a few weeks or a few months since everyone is different.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tear trough or non-surgical eye tuck (blepharoplasty) following nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

Restylane for the tear troughs ( non-surgical eye lift or tuck) will not interfere with rhinoplasty (nbse job) healing. However, the nose job swelling could interfere with adequate correction of the tear trough due to post surgical swelling. I would wait a minimum of 3 weeks and preferably 3 months, in my opinion.

How soon after rhinoplasty can fillers be injected

+1

Whether you have Restylane or Juvederm injected as a filler, you should allow for all swelling from a nose job (rhinoplasty) resolve, otherwise you could increase the swelling of the inner eyelid areas as there already is congestion in the drainage pathways. Furthermore, you want your doctor to have a better understanding of your baseline anatomy so that the injections adequately correct you. It is possible that you would not get enough filler because the swelling hides a deeper hollowness, or the swelling could create a pseudodepression adjacent to it and this might get filled, only to find that when the swelling goes away that you have a lump from the injection. Everyone heals at a different rate, but rarely some patients can take up to three or more months for swelling to go away after a rhinoplasty. It may only take you 4 to 6 weeks, though. Good luck.

Restylane under the Eyes

+1

It is a matter of allowing the swelling to settle so that you can get an accurate correction.

I would wait about 6-8 weeks before having the filler injection. The one thing I need to tell you is that the dark area under the eyes do not improve a whole lot with restylane. Part of the dark area is secondary to shadowing from the enlarged fat pads and bulging but the other part is hereditary. You will have an improvement but not complete resolution.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-restylane-newport-beach.php