Restylane OK with Latex Allergy?

Can I do restylane if I'm allergic to latex?

Restylane and latex allergies

Your plastic surgeon should have a detailed medical form in which you can report your latex allergy. Ask that your chart be labeled with this warning and reinforce that personnel cannot wear latex gloves during your treatment and it should be fine. We commonly see patients with this allergy and it is part of our standard protocol.

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

No problem.

Dear Mgoing

Most offices are reducing or eliminating latex due to the prevalence of latex allergies. I have a latex allergy and did away with latex in my office years ago. Let the office you are planning to go to know that you have a latex allergy and what type of allergy you have. This generally means explaining your symptoms.

Restylane does not contain latex. Your exposure will most likely be from the latex gloves used by the injector. Most offices stock non latex gloves. However, it never hurts to ask. Also do not feel embarrassed to ask the doctor if he is wearing latex free gloves when the treatment is performed.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Fillers and latex

There is no cross reaction between Restylane or other fillers and latex. A latex allergy requires the avoidance of latex gloves worn by the doctor. Nitrile or vinyl gloves should be used for any injection in latex allergic individuals. Latex allergy is increasing in incidence and can be serious. Brief contact with a health care provider wearing latex gloves can trigger a reaction in highly allergic individuals.

Robert A. Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

54 Scott Adam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030

No Latex in Restylane

Yes. Restylane is composed of hyaluronic acid (sugar and water). Always be sure to tell your physician of all of your allergies. Your physician would need to wear latex free gloves.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

60 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022

No latex in Restylane

Although there is no problem directly from having Restylane injected if you're allergic to latex, you just want to remind your doctors and dentists, always, that you are allergic to latex and they should only use latex-free gloves when injecting you. Often this is a vinyl material.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Make your Restylane injector aware of your latex allergy

Sure, but make sure the injector is aware of your allergy to latex so the precautions are available if you have an issue or reaction. This is very important for your safety. Regards and Good Luck!

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

You can have Restylane, but make sure your injector knows your latex allergy

Restylane doesn't have any latex in it, but the gloves used to protect usually do, so you have to be very careful!

While many people put latex allergy on charts, it is another thing to inform everyone in the office that you are latex allergic as many offices have little stickers on the charts that are difficult to see. I would be very careful to make sure that the employees are very careful and that each and every one that enters the room knows you are latex allergic, especially if you are severely so. Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

2802 Oak View Drive
Omaha, NE 68144

Restylane and latex allergies

As long as your physician injects you with latex free gloves there should be no allergic issues. Also, the company was careful to make sure that the syringes also contain no latex in it as well so you may safely proceed. Make sure the needle that is also used does not contain latex either.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

1361 13th Ave South
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250

Restylane with Latex Allergy

There should not be any problem with using Restylane in patients with a history of latex allergies. There is no latex in Restylane. Standard precautions should obviously be employed in any patient with a history of latex allergy such as the use of non-latex gloves, etc.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

4001 Kresge Way
Louisville, KY 40207

Latex allergy and Restylane

I know of no association of latex allergies with Restylane. You should be safe to use it. If you are concerned, you can always be skin tested with it to see.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028