Are Use of Restalyn and Radiesse Injections Safe to Someone with Ankylosing Spondylitis?

I have had my upper and lower lids and skin resurfacing recently done and want to have Radiesse and Restalyn injections. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, is it safe?

Fillers and Ankylosing Spondylitis

+1

There are no know contra-indications to using those fillers in your case

Fillers for Patients with Autoimmune Conditions

+1

As other panel members have mentioned, there is not contraindication to using these products with your conditions.  It is always best, however, to get approval from your rheumotologist before moving forward with an elective procedure.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/Celibreblog/search.aspx?q=Restylane

Fillers in patient with autoimmune disease

+1

It looks like fillers are safe in patients with autoimmune diseases, such as AS. There is no contraindication in the medical literature. However, I would start slow and make sure you don't react.

Filers and ankylosing spondylitis

+1

According to medical literature, we currently do not know if it is safe to use fillers such as Restylane or Radiesse   in patients with chronic inflammatory disorders, such as ankylosing spondylitis. For now, there is no contraindication to use these products in patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Since your health is a priority, I would discuss this first with your physician who treats your ankylosing spondylitis. If you get a green light from your  physician, you will feel more confident to undergo the procedure. Good luck.

Hollywood Dermatologist