Can Cheek Fillers Such As Restylane Help Diminish Appearance of Undereye Bags?

I had thermage done when I was 23 and I went from being full faced to looking quite gaunt. As a result, I think it took a toll the structured support under my eyes. If I get an injectable filler, such as restylane, could this help my tired-looking under eyes? Or should I just get a really good under eye cream? I'm only 25. Thanks!

Can Restylane Be Used under the Eyes?

+2

Yes, Restylane or Perlane or Juvederm (but NOT Sculptra or Radiesse) are well suited for injections under the eye lids. There are a few caveats to these injections: they need to be placed deeply and by someone that has experience doing it. They are not a substitute for surgery in the case that the person has loose eyelids that need to have the extra tissue removed or the lid tightened. They need to be placed gradually so you dont get over corrected. I try to correct gradually.

Finally, these injections may be associated with bruising and swelling for a few days.

Web reference: http://www.palmbeachcosmetic.com

Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers on the lower eyes

+1

If you have lost fat at the tear trough area, then fillers such as Restylane would work quite well to correct that.

Non surgical eye bag treatment

+1

Yes, hyaluronic fillers such as restylane can be used to build up the lost tissue volume of the lower lids to help hide the under eye bags you describe. The process of losing facial fat starts fairly early and can be sped up with weight loss.

The idea is to improve the soft tissue fullness which then improves the shadowing that occurs in the area.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/skin-fillers

Restylane and eye bags

+1

Restylane can fill the tear  trough, it will not impact an eye bag if you already have prominence.  It needs to be surgically removed if it is hernaited or the fat  used to redrape.

Can Restylane help with diminsh appearance of undereye bags?

+1

Simple quick answer is yes.  This has become one of the most important cosmetic units to be addressed when patients come in requesting a non invasive treatment for the face.  Fillers in this area can produce dramatic improvement in the overall appearance of the face.  I suggest you see a physician to determine if you personally are a good candidate for fillers in this area.

Long Island Dermatologist

Restylane for baggy eyes

+1

Thermage did not likely cause this problem. However, Restylane is very effective to blend in the bags with the cheek when injected by an experienced physician. It should last 6 months. Some patients have a hereditary weak orbital septum with fat protrusion that surgery would treat best. Therefore I would recommend finding a experienced in eyelids. Finally, I have been underwhelmed by eye creams, they don't really do much and you can easily spend the same amount of money as a procedure during that time.

Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical solutions to lower lid aging

+1

Several things happen under the eyes as we age.  Some folks are unlucky enough to have these changes show even in the mid-20's but it is commonly seen in most people by the mid-30's.  Crepey or wrinkly changes under the lids are responsive to medicated skin products like retinoids and others as well as to chemical or laser peels.  Deepning of the tear trough accents the transition from eyelid skin above to cheek skin below.  This is commonly treated with injectable fillers such as restylane.  Bulging fat in the lower lids requires lower eyelidplasty altough early bulging can be temporarily camouflaged with fillers to some extent. 

+1

Yes, fillers like Restylane and Juvederm are thin enough to smoothen and feather the leading edges of lower eyelid fat bags.  However, you should understand that all fillers add volume and as such the fullness under your eyes will have more, not less, overall volume.  This approach treats the symptom and not the problem while a lower eyelid surgery would treat the problem by removing the excess fat bags.  Be sure that the palstic and cosmetic surgeon, you choose, undertsnads and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

This has become one of the most important uses of this filler in my practice.

+1

Many, many patients with lower eyelid fullness or actual "bags" do great with fillers rather than lower eyelid surgery.  Restylane is used to fill the hollow under the bag creating continuity in the lower eyelid cheek junction.  Not all practitioners are good at this type of service.  They are basically sculpting your face with filler.  Look for someone who does a lot of this type of service.

Restylane is great for lower lids

+1

One of the first signs of facial aging is the loss of volume in the transition area between the lower lid and upper cheek. We call this area the tear trough. The outline of the orbital rim becomes obvious and the skin may even appear darker in the lower lid. The fat pads of the lower lid may also become more prominent.

Volume addition to the lower lid at orbital rim with restylane restores the youthful appearance to this area with no  downtime and the product lasts for a year.

It is a wonderful correction for those who need volume. It can also be a temporizing measure for those who need surgery but are not ready for it and want an improvement while they decide on when to move.

Seek out  an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to help you with this. All the best.

Web reference: http://www.drrobkessler.com