Can You Reverse Restylane in Lips? My Results Are Uneven.

I just got injection for first time and is uneven in my upper lip please someone answer me I'm freaking out!!!

Let this settle for about a week.

+2

You may need to have your treatment adjusted or removed.  Because lips swell immediately upon treatment sometimes the lips will look bee stung at first.  Then they calm down.  However, the truth is that many injectors are not artful.  The upper lip can be too big or the result can be irregular.  An artful injector is unlikely to have results like this.  Small lumps can be felt at the time of treatment and adjusted at the moment of service.  Bumps that are not resolved this way can be modified with the enzyme hyaluronidase.  Give it a few days.  If you injector can't help you, find a physician who can.

Reversing Restylane in Lips

+2

All of us are asymmetrical (eyes, cheeks, etc) and inflammation may augment the asymmetry. The nice thing about hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm etc) is that they CAN be dissolved with the injection of Hyaluronidase. However, in this early period it may be too soon to pull the panic cord and do so. Why not wait the swelling out and SEE what things really look like once it subsides?  If you had your treatment doned by a reputable Plastic surgeon, I'm sure he would work with you. Consult with him.

Restylane can be dissolved

+1

Please wait two weeks before re-treatment.  You may have some swelling that will last a few days and you will then be happy with your result.  Restylane can be dissolved but you may need a bit more Restylane to even out your lips.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Uneven lips after Restylane injections....

+1

If you just got injectied, I would highly recommend you ice your lips at least for the first 24 to 48 hours.  This is to help decrease some of the swelling.  Second, let the product settle for at least 1 week before you request the product be removed.  If at that time you still see a noticeable uneveness of shape in your lips then you can have your provider dissolve the product with hyaluronidase.  -it's that simple. 

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens       

Grant Stevens, MD

+1

Lip Augmentation using Restylane or Juvederm can create some minor swelling for a day or so.  Be sure that the MD performing the Lip Augmentation understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and lip) beauty in order to create soft, full, naturally attractive lips with the right aesthetic proportions.  

Can Restylane in Lips be Reversed?

+1

Hi Jesse.  Yes, not to worry, the Restylane in your lips can be removed.  If your practitioner offers it, you can try Vitrase (hyaluronidase).  This enzyme quickly and easily dissolves injected Restylane, Juvederm or Perlane.  Should be gone soon after.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

+1

Yes, it can be reversed with a product called hyaluronidase, However, there may be uneveness initially for ar least a week from a small amount of bleeding on one side. It is also possible that the injecting physician did not inject it evenly. You will not know this until the swelling is gone. Another option is to inject a little more in the smaller side. Great care must be used when injecting into the lips as they are so predominant and visible. I have found that using the Dermasculpt microcannula instead of a needle avoids bleeding and most of the swelling. It pushes the blood vessels aside without penetratring them.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Reversing Restylane in lips

+1

The best course of action is to wait at least 1 week for swelling to subside.  Then determine if you need to fill the other side or use hyaluronidase to dissolve some of the filler.  It's all about symmetry.

Stacey Tull, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven lips after Restylane injections

+1

Resytlane and other hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Perlane can be reversed with a injectable product called hyaluronidase.  Any assymetry can also be adjusted with additional Restylane injections to achieve a more balanced appearance.  As the other doctors aptly noted a recommended course of action would also be determined by how recent the Restylane injections were performed.  It is not uncommon for patients to have a fair amount of swelling and after their injections.  Therefore if its been less than a week after your injections it would be prudent to wait before rushing in and reversing the injections.  I would recommend you visit your physician injector for evaluation as the first step.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Restylane in lips uneven

+1

Uneven lips form restylane can be adjusted either with more filler, or dissolving the product and starting over or leaving it alone.