Removing Columellar Strut?

If I remove my columellar strut will it change the shape of my nose and will the tip collapse since there is no support?

Removing Columellar Strut

+1

Let me answer your question with another 2 questions. Why was the strut placed and why do you want to remove it? Usually there are other techniques to maintain tip shape and support.

Columellar strut for tip support

+1

Removing a  columellar strut can be accomplished through revision rhinoplasty surgery.  More importantly, what is the indication to remove the columellar strut? If appropriate measures  are taken the tip should not collapse in an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon's hands.  Other suturing techniques and cartilage grafts can all support the tip if necessary. We have removed cartilage struts from previous rhinoplasty  patients performed elsewhere without any collapse.

Web reference: http://seattle-rhinoplasty.com

Removing of a columellar strut.

+1

Removing of a columellar strut will not cause the tip to collapse if the surgeon is very experienced and know how to support the tip without it. In 35 years of rhinoplasty I almost never use a strut.

Columellar Strut and Tip Collapse

+1

There is a possibility that removing a columellar strut may cause tip collapse.  The extent of collapse will depend on a variety of things. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php