What is This Bump on the Right Side of my Nose? (photo)

there is some sort of dent or indentation on my left side in the picture. what is this? will it go away? 2 months post op rhinoplasty

Bump on Nose 2 Months after Rhinoplasty

+2

In the picture you submitted it appears that the bump is caused by a part of your nasal bone. This can be repositioned if necessary. Talk to your surgeon.

Bump on Nose After Nose Job

+1

The bump on the side of your nose is most likely a bone fragment or improperly realigned nasal bone.  I would suggest following up with your surgeon for evaluation.  I would not suggest revision for at least another four months.  If it is a boney abnormality it should be a relatively easy revision.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nose

+1

It is too early to say what the bump is. It can be swelling, a collection of bone dust that may disappear or a slightly displaced bone that can also settle down with time.  Any revision should not be considered for at least 6 more months.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Could be blood,swelling or residual tissue (bone). Best to massage aggressively "if OK with your surgeon". Otherwise a revision at 6 months is indicated. 

Asymmetry 2 months following rhinoplsty

+1

This likely an asymmetric nasal bone on the right. I would suggest bringing this to the attention of your surgeon soon.

Richard W. Maloney, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative nasal deformity after rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to tell for sure, but it appears that you may have a step off between your nasal bones and upper lateral cartilage. There several possible reasons for this. You also look disproportionately larger in the lower third of your nose. This could certainly be swelling.  You are only 2 months out from surgery and your nose will continue to evolve in shape and size over the next couple of years. Be patient, but discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Michael A. Epstein, MD

Bump on side of nose

+1

The bump you posted in the photo probably represents bone which can be in fractured to reduce the appearance.  If it is swelling, it will get better with time.

Dent 2 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

You should probably ask your plastic surgeon because photos and lighting can sometimes present a different picture than an actual exam.  The area appears to represent bone that can be fractured inward to produce a nicer contour, but swelling may be factoring into this area at 2 months.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

'Bump' on nose two months after Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Hello 'dayleeg', thanks for your question.  Without a side profile picture and more details of your rhinoplasty surgery, it is difficult to ascertain exactly what is the cause of this bump on your nasal sidewall.  If you just noticed it 2 months postoperatively, my guess is that it is not a new hematoma unless you recently had it hit by something.  You may have had it since surgery and are only now noticing it since the swelling has been going away.  Possibilities at this stage are if an overly-aggressive dorsal hump reduction was performed, you might have something called a saddle-nose deformity due to lack of support of your central nasal septum, leading to this effect.  Another possibility is if an osteotomy was performed to narrow your nasal dorsum, sometimes there can be uneven shifting of the nasal bones leading to these irregularities.  It might also be scar tissue, which tends to gradually soften and smooth out over time with massage.  I recommend seeing your board-certified plastic surgeon for follow-up to address your concerns so that they may perform a thorough examination to determine the etiology and manage this with you.  Good luck!

-Dr.92660  

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon