Can I Remove a Tattoo That I Got Yesterday?

I got a tattoo yesterday its a quarter moon and three stars, it is located on the inside of my right ankle. Sadely the moon did not come out the way i wanted, the stars are ok but i want to get rid of the moon. It is in black and it is not filled.

Complete Healing Before Laser Tattoo Removal

+1

We would recommend you start the process as soon as the tattoo is completely healed.  The day after you had it put on is too soon, but as soon as any scabbing that occurred as a result of the tattoo is completely healed, we recommend you start.  The rule of thumb for our practice is at least 7 days after the tattoo was placed to begin removal. Good luck.

Tattoo removal after getting a new tattoo

+1

Yes, it is much easier to remove a fresh tattoo than an older one and I would encourage you to see a physician as soon as possible to discuss laser tattoo removal. Hopefully, you would require less treatment to remove it than an older tattoo would.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon