Can You Get a Tattoo to Cover Up What's Left After Laser Tattoo Removal?

if you have a tattoo removed by laser, can you get tattooed in the same spot after treatment and healing? I hate my lower back tattoo but if i still had an outline would want something to cover it up. just want to know if this is realistic.

Cover Up Tattoo after Laser Tattoo Removal

+1

Yes, you can certainly have a cover up tattoo after laser tattoo removal is performed.  Before going down that road, you may want to wait up to 2-3 years after the treatment as the faint outline of the tattoo should and will continue to fade until eventually is not visible any longer.   While waiting may seem like an eternity, if you really don't want a tattoo any more, it might be worth it.

You can retattoo over an area that had laser tattoo removal

+1

Yes, once your tattoo is fully treated by laser tattoo removal, if there is some pigment persisting, you can have another tattoo in the same area.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Possible

+1

Tattoo on scars or areas treated with laser prior can definitely be performed. It would be better to have it done by a professional as it may require finesse in applying the tattoo. There should not be any major problem in doing so.

Hassan Galadari, MD
Dubai Dermatologist