Red Skin Pigmentation Below the Right Eye from the Day Baby Was Born? (photo)

the red spot measures about 5mm by 2mm breadth. it does not seem to grow but it looks awkward for my daughter. I have consulted doctors. while they say that there is no risk i m not sure.

Hemangiomas look similar to a birthmark and usually do not cause harm or pain.

+1

From the picture shown your infant may have hemangiomas also known as red spots that appear at birth. However, without physically seeing your child it is difficult to accurately determine her condition.  Hemangiomas look similar to a birthmark and usually do not cause harm or pain. Red spots commonly appear on infants’ head and neck area, similar to what you have shown. Infant hemangiomas typically fade over time; however, it’s important to have your child evaluated by a board certified dermatologist who is experienced in diagnosing and treating infant skin conditions to determine the skin condition and available treatments.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.