Can Your Insurance Cover Laser Skin/acne Resurfacing?

So I want/need to get laser skin/acne resurfacing because i have highly moderate acne scars, rhinophyma (one side of my nose), and skin damage. Would my insurance (CIGNA), be able to help cover the costs involved in this laser treatment? If so, how much do they most likely pay?

Insurance Coverage for Laser Resurfacing?

+1

Thank you for your question. Insurance coverage seems to cover less and less so my guess is unlikely.  But, call your insurance carrier, and inquire, a ND request preauthorization for coverage. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars and insurance

+1

Unfortunately, insurance companies don't cover the costs for any acne scar procedures including the cost of lasers.  They do cover the treatment of acne.  Check to see if a health savings account of flexible spending account can be applied towards the procedure as an alternate.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Insurance Coverage of Laser Skin/acne Resurfacing

+1

Insurance typically doesn't cover laser skin/acne resurfacing, however if you have a health spending account, it may be used for that - best is to check with your plan.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Laser resurfacing and insurance coverage

+1

Insurance does not cover laser resurfacing.  If you have a health care savings account or flexible spending account this can sometimes be used.  Lana Long, M.D.

Lana Long, MD
Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon

Insurance coverage for laser skin resurfacing

+1

Your insurance company would make the determination of whether they would cover laser skin resurfacing for you or not.  You would either need to contact your insurance carrier yourself or have a consultation with a physician and have them contact your insurance carrier for you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon