i had a bump removed by blade which i was told was a fibrous papule. as it was healing the bump returned and i was told that touching it stimulates it and that if they cut deeper i would have a divot in my lip. as it is on my lip, it is nearly impossible nOT to stimulate it and i want to have it permanently removed. is this possible? via laser or other methods?
Fibrous Papule on my Lip (Not Nose)? (photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Fibrous Papule on Lip
Thank you for your question. I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for the best cosmetic scarring and healing. I hope this helps.
Fibrous papule of lip
Thank you for the photo.
- The fibrous papule is a harmless tumor (growth),
- It will always return when shaved because it goes right through the skin,
- It can easily be cut out with minor surgery,
- Done properly it will leave an almost invisible scar,
- a laser is unlikely to treat it - lasers use focused light. Your papule has no color to absorb the laser energy. Hope this helps. Best wishes!