Recovery time? Estimate cost? Any advice? (Photo)

I have an abnormally large/ wide nose that effects my social, professional, personal & love life. I very rarely look straight into anyone's eyes because of my big wide nose. I've been told "I'm rude and disrespectful" and that I "seem untrustworthy" because of this lack of confidence & eye contact. There seems to be excess tissue/ cartilage on both sides of my nose and an unrefined tip. Any advise on a procedure like mine is most appreciated! This is the first time I've reached out. Thank you!

Rhinoplasty cost

+1
In your photographs, you have a wide bony base that would need to be narrower. The operation takes approximately 2 hours to perform. You will have to wear a splint for about 1 to 2 weeks. You may have ecchymosis from the surgery that you can cover up with make-up. The cost is about $8,000.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for very wide nasal bridge

+1
The photographs show a very wide nasal bones which are addressed through the rhinoplasty procedure. Any dorsal hump can be filed down, but the majority of improvement in the wide nasal bones are accomplished with a combination of medial and lateral osteotomies. Tip adjustments may also be necessary such as cartilage removal or to suturing techniques  which is determined at the time of examination/consultation.

Recovery time? Estimate cost? Any advice?

+1
Yes, the bone of the nose can be reduced and refined using a closed rhinoplasty technique.  You would most likely have a cast on your nose for a week.  You may or may not have bruising which will fade away usually within a week or so.  The final results of the rhinoplasty will be several months!   The price will vary, but you must find a surgeon with a lot of rhinoplasty experience, as this is the most technically difficult surgery of all facial plastic surgery. 

Large nose: how to reduce

+1
Good question:  I agree with other posts that best advice is see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who has an interest in noses and he can advise you.
A few thoughts:  be careful what you do as "large noses" often need more structure not less.  Your nose does appear to have side bones and possibly a low bridge.  Addressing these areas will make a difference in how your nose "fits on your face".  Good luck

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thanks for reaching but best to be seen IN PERSON by a boarded PSs in your city /state... In my over the internet opinion you could benefit from a full rhinoplasty.. 

Refinement

+1
While its always best for you to consult in person with a surgeon I think that your concerns largely stem from your nose. It is likely quite possible to refine the appearance of the nose and bring some harmony to your facial appearance. Recovery from rhinoplasty is 12 months and costs typically are between 6-8 k in the wisconsin area. Happy to meet with you in person

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery Time, Cost Estimate For Rhinoplasty

+1
Agree with two previous Dr's.  Find a experienced board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of Rhinoplasty work. Next the general facts about the procedure are as follows:
   1.Operative Time 1 1/2hrs
   2.Office Procedure, Outpatient
   3.Anesthesia: general or local with heavy sedation
   4.Pain level: 2-5 (scale of 1-10)
   5.Dressing off in 6 to 7 days
   6.Socially presentable in 6 to 8 days
   7.Swelling will subside over 7days to 2 months.
   8.Cost:  5k to 7k
1.11`1.

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

+1
The nose and tip can be refined through a closed rhinoplasty approach without a visible scar to produce a natural result.  There is minimal recovery time and the cost would be $5000 to $6000 on the low end.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Advice re Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1
It is difficult to make specific recommendations with the animated pictures you submitted but your nose can be made smaller and more feminine. Go to my website for instructions on pictures to send for nasal evaluation. The cost of the surgery will be $7,000-9,000. Recovery will be 7-10 days. I encourage you to consider this procedure; you can achieve significant improvement with a natural result.