Is rhinoplasty right for me?

Okay so I have like a ball for the tip/ front of my nose then I have this hump that needs to definitely be shaved down. When I smile my nose gets really wide & big looking. It's so ugly !!! I feel like it gets wider & bigger as I get older. I'm scared to get a nose job & then it just ruin my entire face completely :( I'm posting pics before which are labeled & the ones that aren't labeled are from now.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and dorsal hump removal

+1
The bulbous tip is best addressed with a combination of conservative cartilage removal and suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages to  narrow and  refine the existing wide tip. The hump is composed of the bone and cartilage and is shaved down during the rhinoplasty procedure. Medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to prevent a flat top nose or open roof deformity.

Is rhinoplasty right for me

+1
It is hard to give you advice without seeing the photos (I did not see them in your message).  From your description, however, yes..this can be addressed.  You can reduce the 'ball' on the tip of your nose and remove the hump.  These are fairly typical rhinoplasty requests and can be achieved.  See a surgeon with a lot of 
experience with rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty...Is It Right For Me

+1
Yes, rhinoplasty can definitely help to improve the flaws which you currently describe regarding your nose.  Correction of a bulbous tip, and hump removal are very commonly performed during rhinoplasty surgery.  A good surgery should not "ruin" your face, but instead enhance it.  I suggest you followup with a board certified surgeon specializing in rhinoplasty surgery for a consultation to discuss the procedure and your concerns in more detail.  I have provided you with a link below.  Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is rhinoplasty right for me?

+1
I do not see pictures, but rhinoplasty candidates should always be selected so that the surgery improves facial balance.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty

+1
Unfortunately I don't see any attached photos.  However, based on the description of your nose it sounds like many of the areas you want improved can be done with rhinoplasty surgery.  I recommend seeing a plastic surgeon for consultation to discuss options to improve the appearance of your nose.

Eugene Kim, MD

Rhinoplasty : Is it for Me?

+1
I didn't see any pictures posted. It sounds like you posted them, but it didn't come thru for me.

Rhinoplasty sounds like the right operation for you based on your concerns! The operation classically improves all the things that are bothering you. This includes the tip, the hump, the width, and the change when smiling.

I find most people are surprised at how easy it is to recover from this operation. Bruising and swelling has to resolve, but most people find it is not that bad and with low amounts of pain. A lot of people don't even take pain meds.

I recommend computer imaging. I do this with all my rhinoplasty patients. It's great to help you understand what you can achieve with the surgery.

Remember to be realistic. This is critical for all cosmetic operations. Realistic expectations about surgery is in my opinion one of the most important concepts to understand.

Good luck! 

Dr Chris Saunders 

Christopher Saunders, MD
West Chester Plastic Surgeon

Scared to Get Rhinoplsty

+1
If you consult with and have rhinoplasty surgery by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist you will not "ruin your face". I don't see any pictures but with the problems you describe you can reduce and refine your nose.