Silicone Cheek Injections

I have silicone injections in my cheeks that I would like removed. Is there a way to remove it or remove most of it? Would an aggressive lipo remove most if not all that’s not in the muscle?

Very difficult

+3

As the other plastic surgeons have said, free liquid silicone injections into any area are extremely difficult and often impossible to correct. If there is one localized area where a lump with scar tissue has formed then that area may be able to be excised but this may leave its' own deformity. I would recommend you at least see a plastic surgeon and be evaluated.

Removing Silicone injections is difficult

+2

Silicone injection as mentioned here several times is a very difficult problem to fix. Injection in the breast could lead to a mastectomy but facial injection is harder to remove. I would get a board certified plastic surgeon to examine you.If some of the silicone is localised in one area deep to the skin, a surgical removal might help.

Sadly no

+2

Silicone injections are impossible to totally remove because they are infiltrated into the tissues and are not self-contained as if they were in an implant.  They should never be done in my opinion.

Lumps and infection persist after silicone injections removal (cannot get all of the silicone out)

+1

Silicone injections in various parts of the body has been done quite frequently all over the country.  The difficulty with silicone injections begins with the quality of the silicone itself.  I have seen many cases where industrial grade silicone has been injected inside the human body.  This can be a tremendous disaster.  Problems can include infections, granulomas, cellulitis, and persistent skin infections, disfigurement and skin dimpling.  It is very easy to have silicone injected, but very difficult to have it removed.  The removal can frequently be very complex and involved lengthy surgery. Multiple operation is not uncommon.   It is not uncommon to expect scars in locations that would otherwise be undesirable.  If you do have silicone, or are having problem with silicone that was injected by a non-healthcare provider then you should certainly seek medical attention.  Some solutions include IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics and surgery after the inflammation has subsided.  Removing the silicone is not just a cosmetic issue but also an issue of better health.  Depending on the type of silicone injected concerns with autoimmune diseases and infections are foremost.  Taking medications such as ibuprofen or cortisone is only a temporary measure.  The real solution is surgery.  Not all plastic surgeons are willing to operate on patients who have had silicone injected in their body.  Many of these cases are not covered by insurance because they were performed for cosmetic reasons.  My recommendation to anyone that has had silicone injections and wishes to have it removed, is to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who is likely willing to do more than 1 operation as well as willing to do some of these operations in a hospital setting. I have had patients visit me for removal of silicone and the discussion to proceed is never an easy one.

Reducing Silicone injection complications

+1

Silicone injections can cause visual deformity on the face. In most cases, these contour irregularities and lumps can be a result of an inflammatory response to the silicone, the silicone itself, and silicone migration. Treatment is successful if performed in a multidisciplinary fashion with conservative, medical, and surgical evaluation and treatment.

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/face/62/silicone-lip-removal.aspx