Can I Use Dermal Fillers if I'm Prone to Keloids?

I've been to several different doctors, for my nasolabial folds, all recommended a different product; Radiesse or Juvederm. My folds are very superficial, but I am prone to forming keloids, should I even take the chance?

Keloid scarring is not a complication typically associated with Injectable Filler treatments.

+1

Keloid scars are thick, raised, irritated scars that are usually associated with a surgical incision or a traumatic laceration. The ear is the most common body-part to form a keloid, and keloids are more common in patients with darker skin-types.

Although keloids can form from ear-piercings, I am not aware of keloid formation after a brief needle puncture.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4247

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and keloids

+1

That depends on how prone you are. If it was me I am not sure I would be willing to take that chance. If it works that's great but if you get the keloid it can be very difficult to treat. It would be different if the undesired result were easier to treat/cure.