Will Vibrations Cause Fillers to Absorb More Quickly?

Will using a clarisonic brush make hyaluronic-based fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, etc.) get absorbed more quickly and last a shorter time?

Clarisonic brush should be fine after filler injection

+1

There is no clinical data that prove one way or the other regarding longevity of filler with regular usage of Clarisonic brush. Ultrasonic vibration on the surface of the skin brought about by Clarisonic brush should not interfere with fillers injected along subcutaneous plane underneath the skin.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler Longevity

+1

This is an interesting question. Since there is no data to prove or disprove the possibility of decreased longevity with vibration from a clarisonic brush, my answer is based more on opinion than science. Given the fact that facial muscles move thousands of time a day, a few minutes using a clarisonic brush should not significantly impact the longevity of your filler.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Clarisonic vibration over fillers

+1

I have not read any research dealing with your question about vibration affecting fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane. If a study were done that proved this to be the case, I wouldn't be suprised because fillers around the mouth often dissolve faster theoretically because of the good blood flow and movment of the muscles. The vibration might stimulate better blood flow and activity of cells and this movement might induce a faster reduction in the filler longevity. Again, I've not heard that there would be any compromise of the fillers from the Clarisonic.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Absorption of dermal fillers

+1

There really are no studies on whether vibration will make dermal fillers absorb more quickly. However, intuitively, I would say yes. As part of our treatment for patient coming in from other facilities with suboptimal dermal filler injections, we perform ultrasound to help break up the filler material to promote faster absorption. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Clarisonic and fillers

+1

I do not know of any study suggesting that vibratory energy as produced by a clarisonic device can cause fillers to absorb more quickly. The product dissolves over time as the body naturally absorbs it.

Vibrations cause fillers to absorb

+1

Very quirky question. Seems there is no data on this unusual issue related to filler longevity. Maybe do not move your head or make facial motion for a few months to see. If the fillers are still there left us know.

From MIAMI Dr. B

No data, but I'd guess no

+1

In order to give you a definitive answer,  a study would need to be done, but my guess would be that the vibration is not significant or deep enough to have an impact.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Clarisonic Use and Filler (Juvederm, Restylane) Longevity

+1

Hi New,

Don't know of any research or studies comparing the longevity of fillers such as Restylane or Juviderm in patients using Clarisonic treatment versus those who don't, but we do know that constant movement in an area is related to the product disappearing more quickly (lasts less time around the mouth than under the lower eye lids). The benefits of Clarisonic should out weigh your concerns of making the filler disappear.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Clarisonic brush unlikely to affect your treatment

+1

The Clarisonic brush is a very mild skin treatment device. Although there is absolutely no real research on how this device affects the hyaluronic fillers, the device is a very mild skin surface treatment (think mild home dermabrasion or skin polisher). As such there is absolutely no reason to believe that it will in any way disturb a filler treatment. So polish way.