Any Way to Use Injectable Fillers for the Temple Area?

I have found that doctors are not keen to even try to put injectable fillers in the temple area. Even your own fat. I have asked three plastic surgeons in Malaysia about this and not one of them wanted to even try.They claimed that the results are lumpy and move down giving the brow a heavy appearance. I think they need to change the way this is done and the problem will no longer exist. Perhaps a gradual build up and numerous small injections to the areas. Please let me know what methods have proved successful or some photo sites.

Temple fillers

+2

I routinely inject fillers in the temple area. This is a key area for facial rejuvenation. Just as we lose fat in our face as we age, so do we in our temples. Any filler will work, but I prefer Sculptra, or autologous (your own) fat for the longest lasting and most natural results. The results are not lumpy, and they do not push the brows down. In fact, often the brow complex is filled as well, and by doing so extra skin is lifted off the upper lids. I am sure you will find the right doctor in your area for your facial fillers. You might want to consult with your medical doctor to get a recommendation.

Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Temporal Atrophy Treatment with Fat Injection

+2

Volume loss or atrophy in the temple area may be due to multiple conditions. Malnutrition, medication, facial aging, neurosurgery, facial trauma are the more common causes.

Treatment is based primarily on the cause for the condition. Plastic surgery may be reconstructive or cosmetic. For temple area volume loss with facial aging or after surgery/trauma includes injectable fillers, fat grafting, or silicone implant.

Every potential treatment has its advantages and disadvantages. Fat grafting may be the more common cosmetic procedure, but may require repeated injections. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a plastic surgeon or cosmetic surgeon can an appropriate option be determined for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for the Temporal Hollows

+1

Hollow temples is common sign of aging, or severe weight loss.  Fillers can be used to restore volume in that location if injected by specialists knowledgable in the anatomy and who inject quite deeply.  Scultra, Radiesse and hyaluronic acid fillers can all be used and depend on the patients need for immediate or delayed results and duration of effect.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Sculptra is my choice for the treatment of temple hollows

+1

Sculptra is an ideal agent for the treatment of temple hollowing that can occur with aging.  The results are almost universally very gratifying and safe.

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

Temporal hollows and fillers

+1

Fillers placed in the temporal hollow is a reasonable option for hollowness and contouring in this region. The hyaluronic acids may be used or Sculptra.

Fat grafting for hollowed temples

+1

Many of my mentors have told me we need to listen to the patient. This is one of those times. I have performed fat injection into the temples with good results and I am sure other surgeons have as well. The key is to inject the fat into the deeper layers where it has a greater chance of survival and less of a chance of shifting position or producing an uneven appearance. I see no need for a gradual build up. Again you are also right about changing the way it is done.

Aaron Stone, MD

Injectable Fillers work well to improve the appearance of hollow temples.

+1

In general, volume loss in the temple region can be a sign of malnutrition or disease, so please get an evaluation from your primary care physician.

I have seen wonderful results restoring volume in the temple area using Injectable Fillers. My personal experience is with Silikon-1000. Several treatments are typically necessary for complete correction. Procedures are performed with topical anesthetic, and there is typically no downtime. Unfortunately, I do not have permission to post photos of my patients that have received temple treatments.

If any of my colleagues wish to learn more about my experience with Silikon-1000, I am giving an instructional course at the upcoming Fall Meeting of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). The course is titled "Off-Label Applications of Liquid Injectable Silicone (LIS)", and I will be presenting on 9/24/2010 at 4pm. Common conditions treated include: volume replacement, wrinkle reduction, lip enhancement, acne scarring, and correction of many nasal irregularities (“Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty”). I will also be describing the serial puncture, microdroplet technique that is essential for achieving desired results.

I hope you find this helpful

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon