Is There a Standard Number of Cc's of Filler for Different Parts of Face?

I see ad's all the time for fillers but there is never any indication of how much is needed. How many cc's of juvederm for under eyes minimum amount-maximum amount used. How many cc's of radiesse for nasal labia folds. minimum amount-maximum amount used.

Rough idea of volume of fillers needed for various face areas

+3

Nasolabial areas 2-3 ccs Juvederm, restylane, radiesse or artefill

Oral commissures 1-2 ccs Juvederm, restylane, radiesse or artefill

Lower eyelid grooves 1-2 ccs Juvederm, restylane or diluted radiesse

Cheek enhancements 3-5 ccs Radiesse, sculptra, or artefill

Fine lines around eyes 1-2 ccs Juvederm or Restylane

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

There are no standard cc’s for fillers

+2

There are no standard cc’s for fillers. Small amounts are used around the eyes whereas larger amounts are used in the cheek. But, it’s really critical to go to a physician who has experience because there is no “text book” answer. Every face of every patient is unique. Each person has their own specificities unique to their bone structure, tissue, and skin.

There are general differences between men and women and how you shape their contours aesthetically, but each person and each ethnicity is very unique. Any doctor who tries to standardize the number of cc’s is not going to give you optimal results because everyone would end up getting the same size cheeks, etc., which won’t look natural to that person’s face. It all depends on race, gender, and age as well as the overall aesthetic structure of the individual patient’s face. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Filler amounts depend on patient

+2

It really depends on how deep your lines are. I usually recommend being more conservative intially, usualy one cc. I would be hesitant about injecting under the eyes for you may get uneveness, lumps, bumps. Find a competent plastic surgeon. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

There is no real standard for fillers in certain areas but a general idea is out there

+2

There is no real standard for fillers in certain areas but a general idea is out there. One thing to realize is that everybody is different. But in general, for example, in the lips I usually start out with one syringe of restylane or juvederm. For the nasolabial folds, I usually use at least two syringes of either one. For the cheeks you can 2-4 syringes. For the under eye area along the inferior orbital rim, I use one on each side to improve the hollows. For the upper eyes and the hollowing there I use 1-2 total. For the marionette lines under the lateral part of the lips I will use 1-2 syringes.

The syringes range from 500-700 per syringe on average. There are some reductions the more you do for most offices. Instead of fillers options that I suggest are fat injections, or the YoungVolumizer which I developed. With these options you can globally volumize the face and given a general rejuvenation.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler standards

+1

There is no standard amount of filler to put in any given area. I have put a 1/2 CC of filler in a person's depressions, and have used 3-4 cc's in different areas.

Filler amount needed varies by patient

+1

There is no standard guide as to how much filler should be used in a particular part of the face. The optimal volume depends on the type of product, the injecting physician's skill, and most importantly, the individual patient.

Some patients only need 0.5 cc for correction of a small area, or for lip volumization. Some need several cc of product over different areas of the face. Some need several ccs in many different sessions to achieve optimal results.

It's best to use enough to achieve a noticeable effect - too little can be a waste of effort and money, but not too much so as to look artificially inflated.

Finding the perfect amount in the art of aesthetic medicine... and the reason that you should see an experienced, trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial Filler Amounts

+1

There really is no standard amount of CC for facial fillers. Each patient is different, and what may be a little on some may be alot on another. Just to give you an idea, some patients need only 1cc of Juvederm for both nasolabial folds, while others may need 1cc each side.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Standard number of cc's of filler

+1

No, I use the amount the patients needs or requests. Most under use the fillers because of $ issues. Be aware that touch up visits to add more filler occurs in 40% of my cases. Patient want more for no $.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Volume of filler needed

+1

The amount of filler needed per facial zone differs from patient to patient, and also varies from doctor to doctor. Some doctors tend to be more conservative and others fill generously. A thicker filler may be used deeply in the smile folds, as an example, and a thinner filler may be injected on top of the thicker filler. This layering technique helps fill deep folds better than using only one syringe. In general though, one to two syringes of Juvederm, Restylane or Radiesse are enough to fill many smile folds, although it could be more in some. The marionette lines would require additional filler in many patients. Cheeks are very different. Inner, middle and outer cheek, lower cheek, upper cheek areas may benefit from up to nine or more syringes in panfacial augmentation for those with marked subcutaneous atrophy. Your physician with whom you consult should be able to give you an idea of how many syringes of filler and which different fillers you would need for the treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Number of cc's required for facial filling

+1

Every face is different and ages differently and at different rates. While aging is associated with facial deflation with loss of volume in the facial bones and overlying soft tissues, resulting in sagging and creasing the AMOUNT that needs to restore each person to an ideal, youthful appearance is different.

ideally, volume restoration should be individualized for each person and should be done in step fashion. It is always preferable to apply a small additional volume correction is one or several areas than to have an "over-corrected" facial appearance as MAY be seen in some of the much touted Liquid Facelift results out there.