What Procedure Would You Follow to Correct my Post Op Gynecomastia Crater Deformity (Pics Included)

My doctor did was I feared he was going to do, which was remove too much (or ALL) of the gynecomastia. I had Bilateral gynecomastia surgery that left me with a crater. Also did horizontal cuts :( Right pectoralis = small gland removed.(looks ok) Left pectoralis = Larger gland removed+larger surgical cut used. (left side is my problem area) Pic #1= Mildly flexing immediately after site was drained. Pic #2= relaxed, the following morning. What procedure will fix this?Currently 4 weeks post op.

Post Op Gynecomastia Crater Deformity

Hi Onesight1,

Thanks for the post and photos. Over-resection is a more difficult thing to fix than under resection. The most common procedure to fix this is fat grafting to the area. In this procedure liposuction is performed and the fat is then placed in the area that is deficient. There is a chance that one would need to undergo more than one of these procedures based on the degree of cratering, how much fat they have to harvest, and how much or little of the fat gets resorbed. I would wait until 6 months post op because at 4 weeks there is too much inflammation still occurring during the healing phase which could increase the chance that the fat will not take.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand