What Procedure Would You Follow to Correct my Post Op Gynecomastia Crater Deformity (Pics Included)

My doctor did was I feared he was going to do, which was remove too much (or ALL) of the gynecomastia. I had Bilateral gynecomastia surgery that left me with a crater. Also did horizontal cuts :( Right pectoralis = small gland removed.(looks ok) Left pectoralis = Larger gland removed+larger surgical cut used. (left side is my problem area) Pic #1= Mildly flexing immediately after site was drained. Pic #2= relaxed, the following morning. What procedure will fix this?Currently 4 weeks post op.

Fat Graft after Gynecomastia Surgery

+1

Most man are just happy removing the extra breast tissue in their chests but sometimes, over-resection is possible. You should consider fat-grafting to fix the problem. Fat grafting is just liposuction followed by placement of the fat into the defect.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fat Flap

+1

The fat flap may work very well in your case.  The surgery closes the crater by bringing the fat together or rotating a flap into position.  I would wait for awhile and let the swelling reduce.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Over resection of gynecomastia

+1

It looks like you had over resection of the central gland and not any contouring of the surrounding breast tissue. You need to wait at least 4-6 months for revision. t that time you should make sure you have an experienced Plastic surgeon who performs gynecomastia regularly do your surgery. You might get by with further contouring liposuction and ultrasonic liposuction but might need some fat grafting as well.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Gynecomastia contour deformity

+1

Sometimes patients develop a contour deformity like a donut after over resection which can happen very easily. You should probably wiat a few months for the swelling to subside. You may need to consider strattice or fat grafting to improve the contour.

Fat Injections for Gynecomastia Revision

+1

Unfortunately, this is a classic example of what not to do in gynecomastia surgery...over resection. This is a much more difficult problem to solve than the opposite undesireable of under resection. This will require fat replacement either through fat injection or a dermal-fat graft. Given the size of the defect, fat injections will be more practical. The question is when to treat being just four weeks after surgery. The demarcation of the defect is fairly clear on flexing and even identifiable when relaxed. I see no benefit to waiting until the skin scars down more firmly to the pectoralis fascia. My approach would be to proceed with revisional surgery as early as six weeks after your original procedure. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Fixing a contour defect after gynecomastia surgery

+1

I would suggest you go to a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate this.  I suspect a non-plastic surgeon did your surgery.  Swelling of the surrounding tissues will continue for a while, so it is too early to speculate what, if anything, you might need to correct the contour.  A divot can often be filled effectively with fat injections.  Unlike a scar within your areola, a scar on the breast skin will be more noticible, and there is nothing that will eliminate it.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

+1

Do not believe the surgeon was a board certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery)

You need liposuction and fat transfer to the over resected breast, release of the scarred , stuck area to the pectoralis muscle.