Three Weeks Post Gynecomastia Smart Lipo, When Will I Start Seeing Results?

This is my third week post gynecomastia smart lipo, I don't see much difference yet, can swelling last for three weeks? how can I tell it's not fat? should I keep wearing the compression garment?

Results of gynecomastia surgery after Smart Lipo

+2

I'm not a big fan of Smart Lipo so perhaps I'm a bit biased. I would think that you should be able to see a difference by now. Smart Lipo alone will not be able to remove the thicker fibrous breast tissue which usually has to be directly excise in some fashion or another.

You may need excision

+2

After laser assisted liposuction of the chest, I would expect to see some difference at three weeks, although you are still swollen. The more important question is whether you have a collection of blood or fluid, or need the residual breast tissue excised. Your surgeon should be able to answer these questions. Good Luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Should see marked improvement three weeks after gynecomastia correction.

+2

Hi.

Go back to your surgeon right away. Of course there is still some swelling at three weeks, but you still should see most of the result.

You might have a seroma (fluid collection).  Or perhaps the hard breast tissue under the nipple (which cannot be removed with liposuction) was not dealt with.  In any case, there is a problem

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+2

In my hands using the correct Smart lipo unit I see results in a few days not weeks. I'm concerned that you may need re evaluation. Swelling can last upto 3 months. Request lymphatic massage and external ultrasound therapy. Best 

Gynecomastia surgery and results

+1
Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Results do take time, but ideally patients are well prepared for what to expect pre-operatively

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia Surgery Results?

+1

Thank you for the question.  You should  continue to see decreased swelling and improvement in your results for the 1st 2 to 3 months after surgery. if at that point there continues to be too much prominence of the chest wall area then excision may be necessary.

Gynecomastia comes from the Greek meaning "gyne" meaning woman and  "mastos"  meaning breasts.  It refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males.  The diagnosis can be made by physical examination where relatively firm tissue  (breast gland tissue) can be differentiated from relatively soft tissue (adipose tissue).
Breast prominence due to excessive adipose tissue is called pseudo-gynecomastia or lipomastia.  The differentiation of true  gynecomastia  from adipose tissue is important because the surgical treatment may differ. Usually  physical examination by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon is sufficient to make the diagnosis  and to determine the best course of treatment.
I have found that gynecomastia is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.  If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposculpture surgery alone may suffice.

Smart Lipo Will not Treat True Gynecomastia

+1

Sorry, but if you truly have gynecomastia with breast gland tissue then the smart lipo will not remove this.  However, if you have psedogynecomastia which is composed of fat tissue only this is adequate treatment.  In my practice over 30% of my gynecomastia practice is revision surgery.  The most common reason is treatment with liposuction only.  Sorry but by 3 weeks you should be happy with how things are progressing.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD