Procedure to Fix my Uneven Breasts Without Implants?

Hello! I'm a 21 year old girl who is pretty fed up with having uneven breasts. My left breast is about a 34D, while my right looks like it could be a B cup at best. Since I've heard breasts are pretty much done growing by age 21, I'm trying to look for an alternative. What would be a procedure I could use where I don't have to get implants, but can still keep a relatively good size, if at all possible? If implants are a must, I'll get them, but right now I guess I'm trying to keep costs low.

Correction of Uneven Breasts

+1
This is a great question as the majority of women have breasts that are uneven from side to side. There are several ways to approach correcting the asymmetry of your breasts.

The first decision is which breast do you like more? The breasts can be lifted and or reduced so that they match or an implant can be used to increase the size of the smaller breast.

Typically a combination of these procedures is done to improve the symmetry. You are patient that could have the larger breast lifted and reduced to match the smaller breast and have a great result.

Breast reduction in larger breast

+1
Unfortunately, there's no "natural" treatment that can reduce or enlarge the breasts. There are no creams, pills or lotions. The only safe and effective treatment approved by the FDA is breast augmentation, a breast lift, or breast reduction. A breast reduction can be performed to reduce the larger breast so that it can match the smaller one, if you don't want implants.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Implants are probably the best choice

+1
Your breast shape is good, so that helps with respect to possible outcomes.  You need to carefully assess the risks of surgery and the possibility of improving your situation.  Adding volume in comparison to the smaller side would result in the least scarring and would probably give you the best result.  The other options may involve too much scarring or may change the breast shape for the worse.

Gary Lawton, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

What to do about asymmetry

+1
You have four basic options:

1. reduce the left breast - this might be able to done with liposuction to minimize scars depending on how dense your breasts are 

2. fat graft the right breast for a "natural" increase in size using fat cells from somewhere else on your body

3. add an implant to the right

4. add implants to both sides using a bigger implant on the right

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to decide which choice is right for you.

Grant Stevens, MD

Fat grafting

+1
Use BRAVA and then fat graft the breast for the most natural result!Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Dr. Kayser

+1

Well I'm happy to say you don't have to stay this way! You have a number of options but the first thing is to decide which breast you like better. If you like the larger breast, then an implant is certainly an option, but I also believe that using your own body fat to naturally increase the smaller breast (and without scars) would be an even better choice! Fat is yours, natural and has the potential to last a lifetime, and once integrated, will never have to be replaced. If you like the smaller breast, then a reduction would work, however, if your breasts are more fatty than solid, liposuction may be a good option as well. Hope this helps and good luck! Dr. Kayser

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Correcting breast asymmetry without implants

+1

For your breast asymmetry you would be a candidate for a breast lift.  I would recommend a vertical mastopexy with a dermal pedicle autoaugmentation.  You would need to have the nipple areas centralized as well.  This means elevating the nipples along the median of the breast. 

Your Photos Suggest That You Would Benefit From A Unilateral Left Sided Breast Reduction

+1

Breast asymmetry occurs to some extent in every patient.  Mild asymmetry of the breast is almost considered a normal finding in most patients.  Occasionally breast asymmetry can be severe and surgical correction is necessary.
In your case your photos suggest that you would benefit from a unilateral left sided breast reduction.  This procedure would reduce the size of your breast, reduce the size of your areola, and lift your breast into normal position.  In some cases surgery on the opposite breast might be necessary to obtain symmetry and balance.  Utilizing this approach an implant can be avoided.  Liposuction might be used to refine the result, but would not provide a definitive solution, because it would not deal with loose skin or correct the position and size of the areola.
Its important to remember that every procedure involves trade offs and because of this expectations need to be realistic.  It is safe to say that breast reduction results in permanent scarring and there is often residual asymmetry.
Despite these negatives, there are significant benefits when this type of correction is performed.  Symptoms such as back pain, neck pain, and shoulder pain are likely to improve.  If you are considering this type of procedure, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be appropriate.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts

+1

Hi SybilVane,

Based on your posted picture, I suggest you not expect perfect symmetry from whatever procedure you proceed with.  In your case, reasonable options would include:

1. a left breast reduction with a vertical technique +/- liposuction
  2. fat grafting the right breast + a breast reduction on the left to achieve symmetry
  3. implant augmentation on the right with a reduction on the left for symmetry
  4. do nothing

If you have any symptoms from large breasts such as back pain, neck or shoulder strain, or difficulty with maintaining hygiene under your breasts, then I would lean towards the first option.  Otherwise, see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to go over the pros and cons of all your options so you can make an informed decision.

Warmest Regards,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

+1
The larger breast can be reduced. The size of your left breast is too large for liposuction of the breast to be successful. Even if the nipple is relocated, the shape of the breast will not match the smaller, right breast. See a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in breast reduction surgery. Fat transfer procedures to the breast do not have enough of a track record in terms of lasting effect and there is insufficient information as to the risk of fat necrosis or resorption for me to recommend this to patients at this time.

Robert L. Kraft, MD