Procedure to Fix my Uneven Breasts Without Implants?

Hello! I'm a 21 year old girl who is pretty fed up with having uneven breasts. My left breast is about a 34D, while my right looks like it could be a B cup at best. Since I've heard breasts are pretty much done growing by age 21, I'm trying to look for an alternative. What would be a procedure I could use where I don't have to get implants, but can still keep a relatively good size, if at all possible? If implants are a must, I'll get them, but right now I guess I'm trying to keep costs low.

Breast asymmetry options

Thank you for your question.Given your degree of asymmetry you are first going to need to determine which breast you like better in terms of size.If you like the larger breast, you will need an implant in the right breast to better match the left.If you are against the idea of implants, then this option will not work for you.If you like the right breast better, you will need a reduction on your left to match.If you wanted to get the absolute best result and you were a patient of mine, I would probably recommend operating on both of your breasts because of the asymmetry of your nipple position as well as the breast size/ shape.I would perform a lift/reduction on the left to get your nipple into a better position and decrease the size a little bit.We would also perform a mastopexy (lift) augmentation on the right to increase the size to match the left and correct the nipple position.The good news is you have several options and it depends on what side (size) you prefer, if the asymmetry of your nipple position bothers you and if you are willing to use an implant.You must also have a consultation and be examined to determine if indeed you are a good candidate which you do appear to be in the pictures.Good luck to you.

Breast Asymmetry

The photo shows an asymmetry of size, shape and nipple height. You must first decide which breast you like better, how much each of the asymmetries bother you and what incisions (scarring) you are willing to accept.

The right breast can be enlarged by implant (which you want to avoid) or fat transfer. Liposuction is done on another area of the body and the fat transferred to the right breast for enlargement. Minimal scarring. Addresses size and shape asymmetry; not nipple height asymmetry.

The left breast can be reduced. 
If the breast tissue is not too firm and is amenable to liposuction then the left breast size can be reduced by liposuction. DO NOT let your surgeon transfer this to the right breast. Minimal scarring. Addresses the size asymmetry. Likely will do nothing for shape asymmetry and nipple height asymmetry although it could make one or both worse.
Left breast reduction. Scar around the areola and down the breast; however, will address all three asymmetries.
A combination of the above.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Breast reduction liposuction

If you like the size of your right breast, then you can have the left reduced (possibly with liposuction alone to reduce scarring). This would address the size asymmetry and no implant would be needed. Liposuction breast reduction will help "keep costs low".

Correction of Uneven Breasts

This is a great question as the majority of women have breasts that are uneven from side to side. There are several ways to approach correcting the asymmetry of your breasts.

The first decision is which breast do you like more? The breasts can be lifted and or reduced so that they match or an implant can be used to increase the size of the smaller breast.

Typically a combination of these procedures is done to improve the symmetry. You are patient that could have the larger breast lifted and reduced to match the smaller breast and have a great result.

Breast reduction in larger breast

Unfortunately, there's no "natural" treatment that can reduce or enlarge the breasts. There are no creams, pills or lotions. The only safe and effective treatment approved by the FDA is breast augmentation, a breast lift, or breast reduction. A breast reduction can be performed to reduce the larger breast so that it can match the smaller one, if you don't want implants.

Implants are probably the best choice

Your breast shape is good, so that helps with respect to possible outcomes.  You need to carefully assess the risks of surgery and the possibility of improving your situation.  Adding volume in comparison to the smaller side would result in the least scarring and would probably give you the best result.  The other options may involve too much scarring or may change the breast shape for the worse.

What to do about asymmetry

You have four basic options:

1. reduce the left breast - this might be able to done with liposuction to minimize scars depending on how dense your breasts are 

2. fat graft the right breast for a "natural" increase in size using fat cells from somewhere else on your body

3. add an implant to the right

4. add implants to both sides using a bigger implant on the right

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to decide which choice is right for you.

Grant Stevens, MD

Fat grafting

Use BRAVA and then fat graft the breast for the most natural result!Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Dr. Kayser

Well I'm happy to say you don't have to stay this way! You have a number of options but the first thing is to decide which breast you like better. If you like the larger breast, then an implant is certainly an option, but I also believe that using your own body fat to naturally increase the smaller breast (and without scars) would be an even better choice! Fat is yours, natural and has the potential to last a lifetime, and once integrated, will never have to be replaced. If you like the smaller breast, then a reduction would work, however, if your breasts are more fatty than solid, liposuction may be a good option as well. Hope this helps and good luck! Dr. Kayser

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Correcting breast asymmetry without implants

For your breast asymmetry you would be a candidate for a breast lift.  I would recommend a vertical mastopexy with a dermal pedicle autoaugmentation.  You would need to have the nipple areas centralized as well.  This means elevating the nipples along the median of the breast.