Loose Skin in Lower Part of Breast After Breast Augmentation

I had a breast augmentation 3 weeks ago.The implants were put submuscular DP1 (does that mean dual plane type 1 ?),305cc. I was told not to wear any bra so I didnt. My right breast is fine so far. My actual concern is my left breast: the skin in the lower part of the breast feels (doesnt look) very loose and empty.Will this change?Do the implants still have to drop down? I was breastfeeding my two children, so had a very soft, empty breast before surgery. Hope someone can help, thanks!

Loose Skin

+1

Although it's difficult to say from the photo you presented, it looks to me like you had some asymmetry before surgery.  It's possible that, if things stay this way, a small left-side breast lift may help you.  It will cause scars that will be different on one side compared to the other so there are other issues to consider.

Breast appearance after breast augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation surgery with subpectoral implants usually requires several weeks before the breasts assume their final shape and appearance. During this time the implants tend to 'settle" inferiorly into their ultimate position. Allow more time for this to occur, and always discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Loose skin after submuscular breast augmentation

+1

It is possible, with the implants riding high right after surgery, to feel looseness or emptiness at the lower aspect of the breast. Typically, after implant gravitational descent, "dropping", this may correct. I recommend massage to assist in implant position as they drop and settle with gravity. I also use an underwire bra to stabilize the lower and lateral aspect of the breast pocket to decrease risks for "bottoming out", where the implant drops too much. I would ask your plastic surgeon what he or she recommends. Regardless, don't get too aggravated yet, it can take 2-6 months for your appearance to stabilize after breast augmentation, before you can assess a 'final' result.

Loose skin after breast augmentation

+1

At 3 weeks after surgery, it is far too early to critique your results. Be sure to comply with the postoperative instructions regarding implant massage, bra type, and bandeau use that your surgeon has prescribed. Postoperative swelling and changes in the shape/feel of the breast continue for several months after surgery. Wait until you are at least 6 months out from surgery and many of the questions you have now will no longer be a concern. Good luck with your recovery!

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implant settling

+1

Hi Maja,

DP1 usually refers to dual-plane type I.  Your implants will settle, and it's very typical for one breast to do this before the other.  In the first six weeks you'll notice the most change, and by six months after surgery the implants have usually moved down to their final position.  At this time I suggest just being patient and following any specific recommendations from your surgeon.  Good luck, /nsn.

Breast implant asymmetry after augmentation and the use of massage

+1

With only 3 weeks after surgery, it is not likely that you have experienced a stable result. I would highly recommend that you wait at least 6-9 months before you make any final assesments. Use of preferential breast implant displacement excercises may be used more on the left breast but I would discuss this with your surgeon. You may require revisionary surgery but this is not the time to make that decision.

Asymmetric Breast Implant positions

+1

Regarding: "Loose Skin in Lower Part of Breast After Breast Augmentation
I had a breast augmentation 3 weeks ago
.The implants were put submuscular DP1 (does that mean dual plane type 1 ?),305cc. I was told not to wear any bra so I didnt. My right breast is fine so far. My actual concern is my left breast: the skin in the lower part of the breast feels (doesnt look) very loose and empty.Will this change?Do the implants still have to drop down? I was breastfeeding my two children, so had a very soft, empty breast before surgery. Hope someone can help, thanks
!"

A single good photograph would have been very helpful. It SOUNDS like the implant are not positioned symmetrically in their respective breasts. "skin in the lower part of the breast feels (doesnt look) very loose " could be due to the Left implant not having descended or to the Left pocket not having been adequate designed and or implant not placed in the pocket.

You need to discuss this with your surgeon. Although some implant descent is to be expected in the next six months, there are cases where this will not happen and a pocket revision may be needed. In the meantime, I would defer to your surgeon and agree with avoiding bra support to allow inferior implant migration. But after 4 weeks or so we need to consider that we do not want the right implant to sag, especially in cases where the augmentation was done via a breast fold incision.

Dr. Peter Aldea