What's the Typical Price for Upper Back and Axillary Liposuction?

I need to know the price of upper back and posterior axillary liposuction. I'm planning to have lipo done this august on my upper back and the side of my breast, I was wondering what is a decent price. I've only had one consultation and the doctor offered me $4500. I just want to know if this is a decent price.

Cost of liposuction.

+2

Hi.

In our office the all inclusive cost for the liposuction you are describing is $6000.  This includes the use of a state of the art accredited surgical suite and recovery room, and the services of a top, board certified anesthesiologist.  Whatever you do, I urge you not to choose a surgeon based on price.  You are dealing with your health and your body.  Here are some tips I wrote on how to pick a plastic surgeon:

1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique. Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6) Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want. You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want. Many patients are eager to share their experience. Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7) If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room. A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory. This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.

8) With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED. Very important safety assurance.

9) Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST. Another very important safety factor.

10) Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care. This can really speed recovery.

Upper back and axillary liposuction costs.

+1

Often the amount of time spent in the O.R. determines the price.  This may translate into how many areas of liposuction you are doing, (time for each area to be completed).  Liposuction prices will vary from city to city and surgeon to surgeon.  There are many variables in price.  Often these variables are not in the control of the surgeon, (O.R. fee, anesthesia fee, supplies, etc).  Beware of bargain basement pricing.  Cheap can become expensive quickly.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Together you should be able to find a plan that is safe and effective.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Prices for back and axilla liposuction in NYC

+1

The fees really can vary from community to community. Do not get fixated on the fee per se. FInd a good doctor because you would prefer not to do this again.

Cost of Liposuction varies based on time, anesthesia, and facility fees as well as ancillary technology

+1

This appears to be a reasonable price but varies depending on the anesthesia and facility fees as well as use of technology such as ultrasound or laser, which are not always necessary. These in turn depend on the extent of the liposuction to be performed. Do not expect a 300cc fat removal to cost the same as a 2000cc fat removal.

$4500 for upper back and axillae liposuction is a great price.

+1

A median price for midback and axillae is roughly $5500 + $750 operating room fee= $6250.  We offer discounts occasionally which currently is 30% off if booked within 30 days. $6250-30%=$4375.  You won't find a better deal from a good experience liposuction surgeon so take the $4500 offer if you feel good about that doc.  I always recommend seeing 3-4 consultations before deciding on the doc. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of back and axilla

+1

The biggest factor that determines price is geographic location.  Every area has a market rate for the various procedures we do.  I would say $4500 (total fee) for those two areas is a fair price for the NYC area.  It never hurts to see a second or third doctor to compare prices and/or personalities.  Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD