Can Lipo Help with Banana Roll Deformity? (photo)

I'm 5'5, work out 4-5 days a week and have always been active. I’ve developed a banana roll on my right leg–this fat pocket is located on the right upper posterior thigh, below the gluteal crease. Despite how clean I eat and exercise to “spot treat” the area, this fat pocket is not going away. I’ve never had liposuction before, so is that procedure an option? If so, how can I avoid contour irregularities and get a decent result? I know the banana roll is not an easy area to treat.

Yes, bannana roll can be treated will liposuction

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo.  The bananna roll can be safely and effectively treated with liposuction.  Use of pre-tunneling, a small cannula, and staying in the same plane will help.  

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://scottsdaletummytuck.com

Lipo and banana rolls

+1

Liposuction it great for banana rolls. As for skin irregularities it is hard to predict the final result. Some skin irregularities are normal.

Keep "rolling" with the banana roll

+1

Sunshine,

I think that you can see from your responses is that plastic surgery is beneficial in most cases but when applied to certain areas it can be problematic.  This the case of liposuction and the "banana roll".  Keep pressing on with your healthy lifestyle.

Dr. ES

Banana roll and liposuction

+1

liposuction, regardless of what type, conventional tumescent or smart liposuction, can exacerbate the extra roll by reducing the infragluteal support of the buttock. Some times it is worth considering conservative fat injections into the lower crease to smoothen the area, but this has its risks too, such as over correction, worsening of the asymmetry, ,infection and others.

Kettle of fish

+1

Cute tush. The difficulty here is that removing the fat in the banana will unpredictably cause the guteal fold to extend. You may feel that you like the effect, you may hate the effect but fixing such a change probably impossible.  If someone tells you they have a sure fire way to avoid the problem, they are mostly likely pulling your leg. The note here is that the punishment should fit the crime. How will you feel if your liposuction makes you worse rather than better?

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Banana Roll and Liposuction

+1

I agree with everyone above.  The banana roll is a double edge sword.  It is unsightly and would be nice to be removed.  However, over aggressive treatment of this area can lead to sagging of the buttocks tissue.  So, proceed with caution and make sure you are seeing an experienced liposuction surgeon.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Banana roll lipo is risky

+1

If exercise could really tone skin and shape the fat layer under the skin, no one would ever need lipo. That is why despite your good exercise regimen you can still develop problems areas such as the "banana roll" under the buttocks. This is a very tricky area because it is actually helping to hold your bottom up. We have learned the hard way that a seemingly simple reduction of fat there with lipo allows the buttocks to drop, which is not an improvement to say the least, and by pushing down it actually re-creates the banana roll! There are some non-surgical treatments that might be more worth looking into, such as Thermage and Ulthera which focus on skin and deep layer tightening. And do keep up the exercise.

Liposuction for banana roll deformity.

+1

I agree with everything Dr. Aldea said. The liposuction should be minimal if after examining this area the surgeon feels it can be improved. See an experienced liposuction surgeon so too much is not removed.

Liposuction and the Banana Roll Deformity

+1

Banana Roll Liposuction is the Bermuda Triangle of liposuctions; seemingly simple to correct but fraught with danger. For the Buttocks to stay perky, they need a small ledge of fat under the fold to support them. As the fat wastes away or is liposuctioned, the under the buttock crease extends from mid posterior thigh further sideways and the buttock begins to droop accentuating the fold from a side view to the point where the buttock is folded on itself and touching the posterior thigh.

In you case, like many women, you have buttock asymmetry. Your left cheek is lower and appears a bit longer than the right. anything done on the right needs to be done in extreme moderation. SOME of the superficial fat may be liposuctioned but I would strongly advise you not to try and suction this area deeply for feat of collapse. I do not know that a perfect symmetry of both your buttocks is possible.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea