Hip Pain One Year After Small Amount of Liposuction - What Could Be Wrong?

I had a small amount of lipo on my hips done a year ago. The bruises on the left side were very bad, much worse than the right side after the procedure, I had sharp pains from word go and couldnt lay on my left side for sometime. I spoke with my Surgeon and Gp in the early days, both said it was fine. The pain went away but now its back, sharp pains, burning sensation and some days I find I am limping with the discomfort. I am very slim,100ml was taken from both sides. Does this sound serious?

Hip pain after liposuction.

+2

This sounds like one of the sensory nerves is being irritated and you should return to your surgeon and have this evaluated.

Liposuction and hip pain

+1

The hip pain that you have now may not be related at all to the previous liposuction.  You may want to see an orthopedist to get a check-up.

Hip pain after liposuction

+1

As much as it makes sense to you to imagine that this recurrent pain is from the liposuction as it is similar to what you experienced right after the surgery, you should see a spine surgeon (orthopedist or neurologist) to rule out a coincidental sciatica nerve pain from a compression of your lumbosacral discs

Ronald Shelton, MD