How to prevent scarring after rhinoplasty?

I'm considering this kind of rhinoplasty(as the picture shown) to make my nose thinner. This is a different kind of rhinoplasty from most of the rhinoplasty, so I can't find a lot of information about how to prevent scarring after this kind of rhinoplasty. Beside scar removal creams, how can I prevent scarring? Can I use tape? Thanks.

+1
The most important step is to find a rhinoplasty surgeon experienced in alar base reduction. Second, if you are a good candidate for this type of rhinoplasty, they will create and place the incisions properly and close them carefully. One week following surgery, all sutures will be removed. At this point, you can use medical grade scar gel and protect the incisions from the sun so they do not darken. With these steps, alar base scars tend to heal very nicely. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Sill Reduction, Alar Reduction, Weir Incision and the resulting scar

+1

What you are showing goes by several names and to some extent depends on the exact details as to what you would call it.  Whatever you call it, this incision heals very well without any special treatment because of its location and design.  Occasionally you end up with a crease along the sill of the nasal entrance, but you will find that many people naturally have a crease there so it doesn't attract any special attention.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
The nose can be refined through a closed rhinoplasty approach without a visible scar to produce a natural result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Scarring from rhinoplasty

+1
Incisions usually heal really well from rhinoplasty. Even in the open technqiue using the small columella incision, I find that in most cases it is practically invisible after a few months.

Closed or Open Rhinoplasty Incision

+1
When open rhinoplasty is done with the proper technique the incision is not visible to the naked eye. The incision heals up rapidly without creams or any other prevention techniques. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Closed rhinoplasty to prevent scarring

+1
Closed rhinoplasty  techniques utilize incisions placed completely on the inside of the nose with no external scar. Look for surgeon who performs extensive closed rhinoplasty. For many examples of closed rhinoplasty in our practice, please see the link below