How do I fix my nose? (Photo)

When I was like 6-7 I was hit in the face by a rock. And now the bridge of my nose has this slight bump in it my nose looks big because of it. How do I fix it?

How do I fix my nose?

+2
You would need a full rhinoplasty to be done to achieve a better appearing nose. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions.//

How do I fix my nose?

+1
The hump can be removed through a closed rhinoplasty approach without a visible scar to produce a natural result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

How to fix a bump on the nose

+1
A bump on the nose which is small can be fixed by rasping if it is small, if the bump is large, then it may need to be removed with a chisel, plus or minus osteotomies to bring the bones together if there is a gap between the bones after removal.  These are relatively routine procedures and can be done either via closed rhinoplasty technique or open.  If you wanted any tip work done as well, I would recommend some tip refinement as well.  I hope this helps.

Mark Ginsburg, DO
Media Facial Plastic Surgeon

How do I fix my nose

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
A Rhinoplasty procedure can be performed to reduce the bump. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Nose surgery

+1
nlatham, having done this sort of work for 25 years I can tell you that your surgery would be relatively easy. I would do a closed approach with tip delivery and refinement. Should be fairly routine. See 2-3 plastic surgeons that specialize in rhinoplasty. Make sure you like their photos before visiting. Good luck!!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to fix your nose from an accident

+1
The photographs show a  cartilage and bony hump on the bridge  and a slightly overly projecting bridge line profile. The dorsal hump must be shaved down, and osteotomies will be required of the nasal bones to narrow and straighten them. 

How to fix your nose.

+1
If you can document your prior fracture you might look into insurance for help. But first you will need a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area and work out just what the "fix" will entail, and foremost what you will look like.

Rhinoplasty to remove bump and refine tip while straightening the nose.

+1
Rhinoplasty to remove bump and refine tip while straightening the nose can be done to give you a much more attractive nose. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.