PMMA Injections for Buttock Augmentation Side Effects?

I have done some research on PMMA (Polymethylmethacrylate) injections and I found all the benefits however, I have not been able to find the side effects. If you are aware of any useful, reliable websites for information please share them with me.

PMMA for buttocks is too expensive and not approved

+1

PMMA comes in very small quantities, about one cc per syrige. You need about 300-500cc per buttock, that becomes too expensive.

PMMA is not approved for butt enhancement.

Fat Transfer is much better, if you have enough fat to transfer.

PMMA for buttock augmentation

+1

Artefill is a PMMA containing filler that is FDA approved for correction of the Nasolabial folds. Although originally manufactured by Artes Medical (reportedly bankrupt), it has been picked up by Suneva for distribution.

It is 80% Bovine (cow) Collagen and 20% PMMA. Each 1cc syringe when administered by a physician may range from $1000-2000. If you consider that the average buttock augmentation typically requires a minimum of 250cc (multiplied by 2 for two sides = 500cc). Do the math and you can see that this would be cost prohibitive.

Clearly this is available for use as an off-label indication. However the economic costs are not the reason why physicians do perform the procedure. There are concerns with granuloma formation and other possible side effects.

PMMA injections for Buttock Augmentation

+1

Brendon,

PMMA injections are NOT approved by the FDA for soft tissue augmentation. No REPUTABLE Plastic surgeon will do them because it involves placing small, hard particles in soft tissue which leads to irreversible scarring and life long complications. DO NOT DO IT.