Will Hydrogel Butt Injections Affect Pregnancy?

I am considering getting hydrogel injections in my butt and hips but I am concerned about the product going into other areas of my body (like vital organs) and would the Hydrogel affect a baby if I were to ever get pregnant?

Buttock augmentation with Hydrogel?

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift (liposuction of your lower back, waist, abdomen, etc, and injection of this fat into your buttocks) is a SAFE, effective buttock augmentation technique. I STRONGLY suggest you avoid any alternative injections (I have seen men and women with liquid silicone injected into their buttocks with HORRIBLE results and complications, wounds, infections, etc).

If you're interested in buttock augmentation surgery, I suggest you visit with an experienced Board Certified PLASTIC SURGEON.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Hydrogel injections.

+1

This is a very unsafe procedure. This product is not approved by the FDA in the U.S. I would highly advise that you NOT move forward with this procedure for your own safety.

Jaime Perez, MD

Hydrogel is NOT safe in pregnancy.

+1

Put it this way, hydrogel material is non medical grade, illegal and DANGEROUS for yourself much less your unborn child.  Why do something to your body that is not FDA approved and carries serious complications. 

Do not have hydrogel butt injections!

+1

DO NOT DO THIS!!! Hydrogel is an unknown mixture of silicone + Collagens + ?PMMA + saline. Or in other words an unknown mixture. Pure PMMA (like Artefill) is much safer or Fat transfer (Brazilian Butt Lifting). But be careful. 

Are Hydrogel Injections for Buttock Augmentation safe for my Future Pregnancy?

+1

Hi there-

Injections of Hydrogels for buttock augmentation is not a safe procedure- not for you OR your baby.

In the State of Florida, within the past year, there have been at least 2 women who experienced vital organ failure (one of whom died) as a direct result of this treatment.

I see at least one patient a month who needs treatment for the painful and debilitating abscesses that often occur after these injections done elsewhere.

There is no amount of money these women would not be willing to pay to be rid of these problems- the problem is that there is no good way to get the stuff out after it has been injected into you- so unlike a breast implant, it's yours forever.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you would be much better served in the long term by saving your money and waiting until you can afford a SAFE method of buttock augmentation performed by a surgeon Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Having a procedure because it is the one you can afford is almost ALWAYS a mistake..

You can read more about how to properly select a surgeon here:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Hydrogel Butt Injections are illegal

+1

Anyone who injects a patient with REAL Hydrogel (Polyacrylamide gel - Aquamid) or fake hydrogel is violating Federal laws. It is therefore doubtful that since they are not concerned about your well being in the first place that they would be concerned about your future pregnancy.

REAL hydrogel is very expensive and does not last more than 15-18 months. If you ARE determined to have a butt augmentation, you should consider a Brazilian butt lift (fat grafting to the buttocks).