Are Butt Shots Safe and Do Plastic Surgeons Give Them?

I have heard of some women getting these butt shots that make their butts bigger.I don't know what is in the shot but i was wondering if it was safe?

Are injections for Buttock Augmentation safe?

+2

Hi there-

Of course this would depend on what exactly is being injected into the buttock in order to increase the volume...

I am assuming, for the purposes of this message, that you are referring to "hydrogel" injections. Most often, this is a form of industrial silicone that is injected by someone posing as a doctor. Recently there were two women in the Tampa area who experienced kidney failure after having this material injected into their buttocks area by a "doctor".

These injections are NEVER safe, and you should know that usually attempts to save a few dollars in this fashion ultimately involve a significant risk to your own health and safety.

The only safe way to augment and improve the appearance of your buttock area is to find a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and discuss options with them, like grafting your own fat into the buttocks (a Brazilian Butt Lift), or placing implants. In the hands of a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon, these operations are very safe and effective.

The bottom line is, don't take short cuts and try to find a bargain when your health is at stake.

+1
Any procedure that is followed by "I don't know what is in the shot" should be avoided!  There are safe methods of augmenting the buttocks with fat grafting or buttock implants.  Consult with a qualified plastic surgeon in your area.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

Butt injections and who should perform them?

+1
This is a very common question, as patients want to use something that is going to be simple but safe for their buttock augmentation.

First of all I would NOT have PMMA, silicone, collagen, biopolymer or any other substance injected into your buttock that is not fat. That is a set-up for life long problems. Some people have these injections and are fine, but the people that have problems have them for life.

Unfortunately here in Miami many patients try to save money by having their procedure performed by non-plastic surgeons and at facilities that have not been accredited and often have problems.

Currently the only safe injection for buttock augmentation is fat. This is called the Brazilian Butt Lift; it is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs. So this is going to change your entire shape.

I would advise you to see a board certified plastic surgeon that performs a lot of fat transfer procedures. I would NOT have the procedure done by anyone except a board certified plastic surgeon as illegal injections can cause life long problems.

Johnny Franco, MD

Buttock injection for augmentation?

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift (liposuction of your lower back, waist, abdomen, etc, and injection of this fat into your buttocks) is a SAFE, effective buttock augmentation technique. I STRONGLY suggest you avoid any alternative injections (I have seen men and women with liquid silicone injected into their buttocks with HORRIBLE results and complications, wounds, infections, etc).

If you're interested in buttock augmentation surgery, I suggest you visit with an experienced Board Certified PLASTIC SURGEON.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Safe butt shots.

+1

Hello. The only safe injection for the butt is fat injections. These silicone shots women are having done are not approved by the FDA and can cause serious harm to your body. If you are interested in achieving a more round, shapely butt consider a brazilian butt lift with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, MD

Fat injections to the butt are safe.

+1

If you are talking about fat injections, utilizing you own fat then yes it is safe and experienced board certified plastic surgeons perform the injections. 

If you are talking about PMMA or hydrogel injections then no this is not safe, is illegal and legitimate doctors are not doing the injections.  They are not FDA approved and injectors may face imprisonment for using this hardware store grade material.