If I Have a Plate in my Neck Can I Still Have Ultherapy?

After car accident I had a plate at C4 and C5 implanted. Can I still have ultherapy on my turkey neck. 56 yo male

Ulthera can be performed on someone with a plate in their neck

+1

Because the penetration of the energy is only 4.5mm deep, the plates will not be a factor.  You can safely have the procedure.  Steve Weiner, Destin,FL

Ultherapy can be done on the front of the neck

+1

Yes, I have double checked with the scientific advisor of Ulthera, and as there is no deeper penetration than 4.5 millimeters with Ultheapy, as long as the Ultherapy is being done on the front of the neck there should be no problem with the metal plate on the cervical spine. Certainly, no one should treat the back of the neck (off-label) as that would be too close to your plate.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ulthera should not be a problem

+1

The plates are likely on the spinal column, which is much deeper than the deepest area of treatment reached by the ulthera device (4.5 mm).  Of course, you should pursue a consultation with a Facial plastic surgeon who can examine you and confirm this, but it shouldn't be a problem.  

Harry Mittelman, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon