Clotted Vein on Left Side of Abdomen After Tummy Tuck Surgery? (photo)

I had full TT surgery on 3-29-12. 2 months post-op, I woke up with a sore ribcage & what looked like a tube running from my left side up into my ribcage. My PS told me that it was a clotted vein & nothing to worry about. He told me to take aspirin & that it would go away on it's own. I am now 5 months post-op & the vein is still bulging out & PS still says it will go away. My ribs get so sore sometimes that it hurts to sit down. Is this normal & if so, what can I do to unclot the vein?

Cord like vein after a tummy tuck

This condition occurs with tummy tuck and breast augmentation and is phlebitis of the superficial epigastric vein. Your surgeon is correct that aspirin and time will solve the issue, and stretch and massage may also help pop the cord and release the pull.