PIH because of Acne?

I have noticed a red area on part of my right side of my nose, my left side is fine. I don't have a lot of acne, but I remeber having acne in that area a long time ago. The redness looks like I recently popped a pimple in that area, but has been like that for over a year, maybe even two. It never has gone away or even lightened. What is this? Will it ever go away?

Red spot on nose

+2
Dear Patient, 

An acne lesion should resolve with in about 2 weeks. Since this lesion has been present for over a year, my best recommendation would be for you to make an appointment with a board certified dermatologist for an evaluation of this lesion on your nose.

Warm regards,

Dr. Peterson

Houston Dermatologist