Is It Beneficial to Work out Prior to a Mommy Makeover?

I am 35 y/o, 5'7", 140lbs and have one 11 year old boy. I am your typical makeover patient, lost volume in my breasts, abdominal stretch marks, and unhappy being naked. My makeover will consist of a Benelli Mastoplexy (donut lift), silicone implants, and a full tummy tuck. Is there any benefit to working out prior to my procedures? Will wokring out deminish the recovery time? I currently do not work out and blessed with good genes.

Exercise prior to Surgery

+2

It is always good to be in good physical condition when you are having surgery. Since you do not work out regularly, a few days of exercises before surgery will not have any effect on the outcome of your surgery.

However, I suggest that before you decide to have a combination of implants with Mastopexy, especially the Benelli Mastopexy, you get a 2nd opinion and be well informed regarding the possibilities of less than ideal results which may occur with this combination.

Is It Beneficial to START a Work out Prior to a Mommy Makeover?

+2

Regarding: "Is It Beneficial to Work out Prior to a Mommy Makeover?
I am 35 y/o, 5'7", 140lbs and have one 11 year old boy. I am your typical makeover patient, lost volume in my breasts, abdominal stretch marks, and unhappy being naked. My makeover will consist of a Benelli Mastoplexy (donut lift), silicone implants, and a full tummy tuck. Is there any benefit to working out prior to my procedures? Will wokring out deminish the recovery time? I currently do not work out and blessed with good genes
."

There is no doubt that having worked out actively for at least a few months before a Mommy Make Over surgery would greatly stabilize your weight, shed off some pounds and probably hasten your recovery. But, according to your admission you do NOT work out. In that case, embarking on a rigorous workout regimen just before surgery (the ol' brushing your teeth before going to the dentist...) would not be helpful in the least.

You may want to allow a few months of fitness to pass before your surgery to assure yourself of the best results.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Exercising prior to surgery is good

+2

Yes, exercising prior to your surgery is a great plan:  First, increased fitness will speed your recovery - you will heal faster and be up and moving sooner.  Second, although a tummy tuck will tighten your abdominal muscles, greater muscle tone and strength will only add to your result.  So go for it and keep it up after surgery!

Exercise and cosmetic surgery

+2

It is always a good idea to exercise for fitness and life quality/longevity. Certainly the better your physical condition the better your response to surgery and the quicker your recovery will be. Be sure to closely follow your surgeon's instructions for returning to various activities after surgery. Becoming too active too early after surgery can cause problems and detract from the end result. Having said all that it is important that you do not temporarily change yourself before surgery & then let your self go afterwards for 2 main reasons.

The first is that in order to deliver and plan surgery your surgeon needs to work from a static baseline. If for instance your body weight has shifted up and over 50 pounds in the last year it would not be a good idea to undergo body contouring surgery until your weight has been stable for some time. If the surgeon does surgery for a 125 pound person who 6 months later goes back to their 175+ pound body the results will obviously not be as good.

The second is that to get the most out of your cosmetic procedure you need to do some maintenance actions after surgery. If you keep yourself fit you can extend the lasting results of your surgery for example from 3 to 5 years up to 5 or 10 years.

Exercise prior to mommy makeover

+2

Since a "mommy makeover" is a body-contouring plan my advice is to become as fit as possible and to obtain a healthy stable lifestyle. It is not useful if you work out intensely before surgery and then quit after. Surgery will always be safer, more precise, more predictable, and more long-lasting the closer your are to your ideal, healthy, stable lifestyle.

Working out before surgery

+1
The healthier you are before surgery the less taxing the surgery is on your body- working out is good for your physical and emotional health. That said, starting a new routine a few days before surgery is unlikely to have any significant benefit.

+1
The answer is "yes" - it is beneficial to work out prior to a Mommy Makeover.  It will have you in better shape, better health, generally help increase the safety of the procedure, improve your recovery time and allow the best shaping or contouring of your body if your lower weight has been stable for several months.  On the other hand, you have admitted that you do not work out regularly, so starting a work out routine only right before surgery will have limited benefit.

Workouts and fitness before surgery are great

+1

Just as a general rule, the better your physical condition before surgery, the better you can expect to tolerate the physiological stress of surgery.

Working Out & Eating Healthy Will Help Improve Your Final Result for Mommy Makeover

+1

Being in good physical health can decrease your surgical risk and facilitate your recovery following Mommy Make-Over surgery. Unfortunately, becoming physically fit is not a short term proposition. It takes time to become physically healthy and this type of program needs to be started well before surgery.
Exercise and diet will help shed extra pounds and tone muscles prior to the procedure. This will ultimately help improve your final result. It’s important that you discuss your plans with your surgeon, so there is awareness of your objectives. This type of program will not only improve your result and speed your recovery, but will also improve the quality of your life.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Exercise

+1

It is always better to be at your optimal weight prior to having any of these procedures. Looking at your photographs you will benefit from the surgery at this time.