Will Piece of Cartilage on Side of Nose Dissolve on Its Own?

So when my doctor took off my splint he noticed a piece of cartilage on the left side of my nose. He said if might dissolve on its own or he might have to remove it. Do i have to wait a year to heal before i can have a touch up operation, and should i have to pay for this since it was his error?

Cartilage Absorption after Rhinoplasty

+1

This may just be sweling of the soft tissue over the cartilage. If this doesn't resolve it can be revised. Rinoplasty is a very challenging operation and cost will depend on your agreement with your surgeon.

Cartilage after rhinoplasty

+1

Cartilage irregularities will probably not go away. Revision rhinoplasties should wiat about 6 months if not longer. I prefer waiting a year.

Cartilage on side of nose

+1

If still present after 3 to 4 months than it will not dissolve. You will need a minor revision. I would discuss in DETAIL with your rhinoplasty surgeon the timing.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Protruding cartilage after rhinoplasty will need to be revised.

+1

Hi.

I recommend waiting six months before you have a revision rhinoplasty.  Our own individual policy is not to charge a surgical fee for a revision within one year, but each doctor has his or her own policy.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Cartilage dissolve in time.

+1

It may go down because of the swelling over the cartilage. Wait at least 9-12 months before doing anything. Each surgeon has his own policy about revisions that are minor, so discuss it with him.

Cartilage after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

You will have to have the cartilage removed it will not dissolve on its own. This can be done about 6 to 8 weeks after the first surgery.

Dr.S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS