Can I Personally Remove Gynecomastia Liquid Built Up in my Chest 4 Years After Surgery?

Its been about 4 years since I had the surgery. There is still some liquid build up in a little pocket under my skin. I've gotten it taken out before by a doctor but a little still remained. Can I do it myself with a suringe?

Fluid after Gynecomastia Surgery?

+1

No you should not aspirate the fluid yourself.

Follow-up with your plastic surgeon;  you may require more than simple aspiration given your history.

Seroma fluid

+1

Never ever try to remove seroma fluid on  your own!. This could lead to a major infection, bleeding, skin loss, even a pneumothorax if you are not careful. Only allow your doctor to treat this.

+1

NO! You should NEVER self treat. Best to be under the care of a doctor/surgeon. At least discuss with the medical professional your plans in person. 

Not a good ideal

+1

Four years after fluid should not accumulate.,  If so, then, you have a capsule around t5he fluid that maybe need to be excised. You should consult with you plasrtic surgeon.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Gynecomastia Fluid Buildup After Four Years ??

+1

At four years after your gynecomastia surgery, you most certainly do not have fluid in the original excision pocket. That would have long ago been resorbed and/or converted to scar tissue. It may feel like fluid but I can not imagine that it would be at this point. That being said, if you want to aspirate the area it should be done by a doctor with aseptic technique. This is a not an at home treatment.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD