Can I Personally Remove Gynecomastia Liquid Built Up in my Chest 4 Years After Surgery?

Its been about 4 years since I had the surgery. There is still some liquid build up in a little pocket under my skin. I've gotten it taken out before by a doctor but a little still remained. Can I do it myself with a suringe?

DIY Not the Way to Go

Hi Ben4211,

Thanks for the post. I highly discourage you from trying to aspirate the fluid yourself. You can risk infection, bleeding, or injury to deeper structures. I recommend you go back to the doctor for re-evaluation and possible treatment. It should be performed by a professional.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Fluid after Gynecomastia Surgery?

No you should not aspirate the fluid yourself.

Follow-up with your plastic surgeon;  you may require more than simple aspiration given your history.

Seroma fluid

Never ever try to remove seroma fluid on  your own!. This could lead to a major infection, bleeding, skin loss, even a pneumothorax if you are not careful. Only allow your doctor to treat this.

NO! You should NEVER self treat. Best to be under the care of a doctor/surgeon. At least discuss with the medical professional your plans in person. 

Not a good ideal

Four years after fluid should not accumulate.,  If so, then, you have a capsule around t5he fluid that maybe need to be excised. You should consult with you plasrtic surgeon.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Gynecomastia Fluid Buildup After Four Years ??

At four years after your gynecomastia surgery, you most certainly do not have fluid in the original excision pocket. That would have long ago been resorbed and/or converted to scar tissue. It may feel like fluid but I can not imagine that it would be at this point. That being said, if you want to aspirate the area it should be done by a doctor with aseptic technique. This is a not an at home treatment.