I Month Post Gynecomastia, Nipples are Depressed, Will this Subside?

I'm 1mo post gynecomastia surgery. my nipples are depressed. will this subside? I'm 30 years old and very active. The tissue directly under my nipple is still hard; and yield enough skin to where I can grab a bit of it. Im panicking probably...and im pretty sure im being impatient. Just wanted a professionals perspective on ththe matter anyway.

Nipple Depression After Gynecomastia Reduction

+2

It is still early after surgery so the final shape of the chest and the nipples has not yet been achieved. However, seeing nipple inversion or depression at this point may be a sign of too much breast tissue being removed directly under the nipple. I would much rather see a little nipple puffiness at this point as opposed to any indentation. I would wait a full three months or until the tissues feel soft again before regarding it as the final result.

Nipple depression after gynecomastia correction

+2
What you are describing does occur to some patients after gynecomastia surgery, I advise patience. Wait until the swelling has gone down before evaluating the shape of the nipples as you may see changes ahead.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Gynecomastia Surgery Results?

+1

I agree with you that you are being a little impatient;  it is too early to see the final results of the procedure. I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

+1

Very hard to advise via internet. Best to obtain in person second opinions. Either it is residual swelling or tissue not removed. Again very hard to be accurate over the internet. 

Post-op gynecomastia

+1

At one month you  may be experiencing some sequelae of swelling. It also can be a side effect of too much tissue removd from under the nipple.  Hard to say without an exam.

Gynecomastia

+1

There is still some swelling, that could be the cause. Wait another 1-2 months, if it is still depressed then consult a board certified plastic surgeon (american board of plastic surgery)