Persistent Face Swelling After Rhinoplasty?

I had a Septorhinoplasty 7 weeks ago to reduce the width of my nose, straighten it, and define my tip. My concern is that my face is still kind of swollen! I have some slight swelling on the sides of my nose and cheek area, down to the areas around my mouth and nose. My mother and husband both agree. My doctor said that this is normal and will take at least several more months to go away. Is facial swelling normal at this stage? Where does the excess skin, etc., go when you narrow a nose?

Swelling in the face after rhinoplasty

+1

It is completely normal to have facial swelling only 7 weeks after a rhinoplasty. Unfortunately, patience is often required, as it may take months for it to resolve.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty swelling

+1

Swelling around the nose and under the eyes is not unusual after a rhinoplasty.  It may take up to 12 months for this to completely resolve.  The excess skin will gradually retract and conform to your new nasal shape as your swelling comes down.  Be patient during this period!  Best wishes, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Facial swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling after a rhinoplasty even seven weeks post surgery is normal. It may take months for this to resolve.