I Had No Nasal Hump when I Was Younger (Around 11-12?) and Now I Have One. Why?

I'm 14 now, and I'm really insecure about it. And why did it just pop out of no where? None ofmy parents and grandparents have a nasal hump but me. I guess I just got the bad genes.. Anyways, will it grow bigger in the near future? If it does, what would be the best/youngest age to get rhynoplasty? DD: The nasal hump isn't incredibly noticeable. Just noticeable when you're beside me, or.. Like 10 inches away. LOL

Nasal hump as teenager

+1

The nose grows most during the teenage years as one matures.  Girls tend to see the growth at 14 or 15 and boys seem to notice the growth a bit later 15-16.  it may still grow a bit.

14 Year Old with Hump on Nose

+1

Hi Amanda,

Don't worry about your tiny hump at this point, enjoy being the beautiful 14 year old girl that you are!  If your nose bothers you when you get older, a little hump is one of the easiest problems to correct with a rhinoplasty.  In the meantime, try to tell the truth as much as possible, this patient named Pinocchio taught me that "tip" many years ago.  Be well.

Dr. P

Nasal Bump can come with growth.

+1

Most babies have cute little baby infantile turned up noses. When puberty comes, sometimes a bump comes with it. It is easy to correct. Find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

+1

Genetics, trauma, growth of the mid face are just a few reasons to your query. Midfacial growth starts at the early teen years so that is why you have a hump! From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Where do nasal humps come from?

+1

Adolescence is a period of intense change and growth. The nose is no exception.

While small bony bumps can occur after nasal trauma, bumps that include the cartilage (lower 2/3) part of the nose are usually genetically programmed and inherited from your parents.

It is not unusual for a bump in the bridge to occur in the teenage years from growth in the nasal tissues. This is typically comlete by 16 in women and 18 in men. Rhinoplasty is typically done at 15/16 for women and 16/17 for men because of this. A surgeon will also assess your overall developmental status to determine whether 15,16,17, or 18 is the right age for you.

Your nose may change in the next few years, but probably not by too much. If you are concerned, then it would be best to wait 1-2 years before considering a surgical correction.

All the best

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon