Should I Place a Marble or Earplug in my Belly Button to Make Sure It Does Not Close Up Too Much?

Marble or earplug in belly button

+1

In general this is not necessary. If you think your belly button is getting too small, you should discuss this with your plastic surgeon. For a couple of my patients who were concerned about the scar causing their belly button to be too small, a marble was helpful. But in one of them it got stuck and we had to remove it in the office, so be careful and check with your surgeon. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button after tummy tuck

+1

Different surgeons treat the belly button in different ways after a tummy tuck.  I don't use a marble, but I do pack some dressings there for the first week or so after surgery.  Ask you surgeon about his or her preferences for treatment of all of your wounds after surgery.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Marble or Ear Plug in Belly Button After a Tummy Tuck

+1

I do not use either of these in the belly button after a tummy tuck.  I would ask your surgeon what they recommend however as their regimen will be tailored to the way that they do the operation.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Belly button after Abdominoplasty

+1

I don't know if you are asking about a tummy tuck.  With my patients, I do not do either of these and it is rare to have a constricted umbilicus (belly button). Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD, Columbus OH.

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Marble to Prevent Umbilical Constriction after Tummy Tuck

+1

In general, most patients do not need this.  However, if you are a hypertrophic scar former you may have a narrowing belly button and a marble may be advised.  Ask your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

You don't say if you suspect a problem. If you don't, this is unnecessary. If you do you are best of discussing this with your surgeon who knows what was done and has followed your recovery and healing. 

All the best.