Abdomen After Twins

i had twins 2 months ago. they were each 6 pounds so they wreaked havoc on my abdomen. im left with stretch marks. what would be an appropriate fix? im only 20 years old i dont want to live looking like this for the rest of my life.

Stretchmarks after twins

+1

Wow!  You look like an "after!"  A side picture would be helpful.  From what I can see, you have some stretchmarks around your navel.  It doesn't seem like you have enough loose skin for a full tummy tuck, but it is hard to tell from the photo.  A tummy tuck removes the loose skin below the navel.  Any stretchmarks left above the belly button are relocated to a lower position.  You will likely need to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if this is an option for you.  If you are planning to have more children in the future, it is best to wait until you are done having kids.

Tummy Tuck After Twins #tummytuck

+1

Congratulations! I have 3 year old twins, but I did not have to give birth to them. So, pregnancy can certainly cause stretching of the skin and laxity to the muscles of the abdomen. If you are planning on having more children, (I know what you are thinking right now), but if you do think you will one day, then wait. If not I would go for an in office exam with a board certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and see if a tummy tuck or Abdominoplasty is warranted. Most likely that is the only way to get rid of loose skin. Whether you need a full tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck can only be determined on physical exam. Only a very narrow group of women or men qualify for the mini tummy tuck.

Richard J. Brown, MD

20 year old tummy tuck

+1

You are in fantastic physical shape after the twins!  Congratulations.  The picture you sent in is not great but I think I can see your stretch marks and they seem to extend well above the belly button.  A tummy tuck will only get rid of those stretch marks that are below the belly button.  Those that are above will still be there but will be much lower in location.  In order to know whether or not you have enough extra skin in order to have a tummy tuck an exam is necessary as it is not obvious from these photos.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Surgery

+1

I unfortunately can not see the stretch marks or any hanging skin on these photographs. If you need surgery it is not evident by this photograph 

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Mini Tummy Tuck or Short Scar Tummy Tuck

+1

You do appear to have good muscle tone and little loose skin.  However, you need an exam to say for sure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of these tummy tuck procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Stretch marks after twins

+1

Thanks for the question. Two months after delivery of twins you look great to me on the photos. I can not see any signs of laxity of muscles or extra fat or extra skin. You look so lean that I don't think you need to be concerned. However stretch marks alone do not justify Tummy Tuck. If this was your first pregnancy and you are looking for more children then perhaps complete your family first then all  these matters can be surgically or non surgically resolved. Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Abdomen After Twins?

+1

It is too soon, if you are not feeding the baby, try with some cosmetic treatment, and exercise to make strong the muscle, after 9-12 month, you need new evaluation.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Es muy rapido, si no esta amamantando, recurra a tratamiento cosmetico, y ejercicio fisico, para fortalecer los musculos, despues de 9-12 meses, necesita nueva evaluacion.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks after twins

+1

At just two months your abdomen looks great. Both muscle tone and skin have held up fairly well. Stretch marks alone don't warrant a tummy tuck and laser procedures rarely meet expectations. You will recover a bit as yet and you will see progress in the C-section scar as well.

Abdomen After Twins

+1

A tummy tuck is usually done for some combination of abdominal muscle laxity and excess skin and fat in the abdominal wall.  If there are stretch marks limited to the lower abdomen and enough laxity, sometimes they can be removed with the TT. There really are no other useful treatments for stretch marks. 

On this photo I see no suggestion of excess skin and fat, nor of laxity of the abdominal muscles, so I don't see a tummy tuck being of benefit. Even if there were, unless you were quite sure you will not have future pregnancies, this would not be the right time to consider one.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.l